University of Miami Class of 2024

Please let me know what you find out. I’m confused as well.

@2020CollegeDad First of all they are in 2 different tabs , at least is how it shows in my son’s account. One is “life time awards” and the other is “scholarships “ , second because the “life time awards don’t have any restricción, the scholarship in the other hand especially said they have to be enroll in 12 credits and maintain a 3.0 GPA.

@MTcrusade , congratulations!!! Looks like a Departmemt award.

Any chance they give more financial aid later? Most schools I’ve recieved large merit aid (ex. Tulane at 15,000).

@avavava - your financial picture is the exact same as my D’s. We can’t figure out what they expect us to pay either so I will be calling the financial aid office this week to try and get it explained. The reality is becoming clear that it is financially out of reach and it’s devastating to my D.

Unfortunately I am sure it’s the same. My D numbers match too.
“ What are institutional grants and scholarships?
Institutional aid is offered to students by the schools they plan to attend. Colleges may offer their own loans, but more often institutional aid is given in the form of grants and scholarships to students who either demonstrate financial need or qualify academically.Oct 1, 2019”

Does anyone know for sure if all the Foote Fellows invites (& scholarship weekend) have been sent? didn’t get an invite, but got presidential and some need based. Was hoping for a Foote, but not optimistic now. D17 has:
SAT 1460
4.0+ unweighted GPA
4 APs,
Varsity Soccer captain
NHS
Reasonable community service. (not Gandhi or anything)

My daughter was accepted into Health Mentoring program. She did not get any information as to whether or not she was receiving merit money or an invitation to Foote Fellows. She has a 33 ACT and 4.3 GPA.

Does anyone know if letter of merit money and invite to Foote Fellows comes with acceptance letter or later?

Thanks

Congratulations. That is tremendous

@Concetta I
I got into Health Professions Mentoring as well. I didn’t have any mention of merit in the acceptance letter but the merit presidential scholarship money was located within the financial aid awards sections.

I believe all the notifications of Foote Fellows,etc were included with acceptance.

Did acceptance letters refernce the Health Mentoring or was that somewhere else?

Several have asked about Foote Fellows notifications. They came with the admissions decision. Actually, my daughter had one letter saying she was accepted to UM, another letter saying she is a Foote Fellow, and a third letter saying she received both a premier scholarship and is a Foote Fellow and was invited to the scholarship weekend.

Does anyone know when the ED 2 comes out? I applied ED 2 !!!

@laurabeal ED2 is Mid February

I have a question about the Foote Fellows program. It is my understanding that this program allows students to skip the “Gen. Ed.” cognate requirements. I believe that they (naturally) must complete the requirements of their major, and some of those requirements will fall into the category of more “Gen. Ed.” classes. For example, Business majors still need to take an English class. So, if this is true, is there any reason for these students to take AP exams this May? My daughter’s thinking has always been to take the AP exams in the hope of scoring well enough to place out of as many classes as possible, but if the Foote Fellows program automatically exempts her from those classes, why put herself through 5 AP exams this May? We would also be able to get back some of the money we have already paid for those exams. Any thoughts?

Congrats to all accepted! My daughter was accepted with the Singer and Foote honors so we are very excited.

None of us know how admissions makes these decisions but she is a high stats student - 1560 SAT, 4.0 us/ 4.6 weighted with nearly all honors and APs. Also lots of leadership in her ECs. So I don’t think they automatically defer all the high stats kids. Maybe they are looking for something specific beyond the numbers? When she was told she was a finalist for premier I didn’t really expect that she would get it but we are grateful. She did write an essay she really liked.

Hope this helps future applicants somehow!

1 Like

Anybody still didn’t get any news regarding EA yet? If so when do you expect the next batch of decisions are released?

i know, i was wondering when the actual date is since its not on their website or an approximation as to when it comes out

For ED 2^^