University of Miami Class of 2024

liljeep-I got my acceptance letter at 6 am this morning! Good Luck!

Got my admissions decisions back Friday and was deferred. Later on that night I got a ā€œCongrats on your acceptance go check your financial aidā€ even though I was deferred? This morning I got another admissions decisions and they accepted me into spring term. Really confused why they would send TWO decisions so close together, but anyways spring term is out of the question itā€™s way to long so gonna for sure decline

Anyone hear from Frost School of Music? My daughter was deffered for MADE program but now her CANELINK shows a tab for LOANS and LIFETIME AWARD???

All,

I spoke with an Admissions representative this morning and she mentioned that the acceptance packages are being sent in the mail and may contain merit information that is not reflected on the portal due to various reasons (including the Presidential scholarship).

This at least gives me hope as my daughter needs the merit award to attend.

Crazy! My S got his ā€œdeferredā€ letter last Friday (after I saw several here on CC notified). Just checked again (due to @cass2020 ) and now donā€™t see the ā€œdeferredā€ letter, but a letter for Spring 2021 (after he takes non-degree classes at a community college) - Guess they donā€™t have the space and are trying to see who will delay vs willing to go waitlist.

@holychild
My child was accepted with merit , Foote and Prism and was told to apply for the Health Professions Mentoring Program, that others have already been accepted into. Did anyone else get a letter saying they had to submit an additional application.
Do students attend both the scholarship weekend and accepted studentsā€™ day when they have to take a plane to go?

My son has exactly the same thing your child has.

Does anyone know if the school will pay for a student to attend the scholarship weekend? Or at least provide housing? I may be interested in sending my daughter alone but she canā€™t get a hotel room by herself. Iā€™m surprised they arenā€™t housing the students with current scholars.

anyone know when we can expect to get acceptance packages in the mail?

@Concetta How was your daughter notified of the Health Mentor acceptance? My son was accepted with Singer Scholarship and Foote Fellow, but hasnā€™t heard about the Health Mentor program yet.

Can anyone explain the following? Son was awarded Singer Scholarship (full tuition), but the amount listed on the Awards page is about $2000 less than that amount. How is it a full tuition award if it doesnā€™t cover full tuition? Not a deal breakerā€¦ just odd.

My son came in today.

@LaxMom2020

I applied to the health mentoring program by the nov 1 deadline for early action (there were a few essays to fill out), there was a separate application for it that was located on the Umiami website under the information about the health mentoring program.

@BSMDGAL Thank you for the reply. For clarification, he applied for HOM, but hasnā€™t received notice of acceptance or decline.

I just called admissions as well because no merit money was showing up in my sonā€™s portal. The woman I spoke with said if it doesnā€™t show in the portal, then there is no merit scholarship. They said he would have gotten a message in the messages as well if he had gotten merit.

@bilardo, where are you located?

@Debbeut - yepā€¦told me the same! I donā€™t understand how itā€™s nothing (I consider 2 loans and work study nothing). Hell, if they gave him a Caneā€™s scholarship for 10K - it would still be unaffordable but at least I would feel better.

I recieved my acceptance package today and there was still no merit money. I donā€™t know what else to do but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

@Debbeut ā€“ my son never got any message/letter about Presidential scholarship, yet itā€™s in his portal & he got a weird email from FA listing it (& grants), but no ā€œCongratulations, youā€™re a Presidential Scholarā€ letter (like my older one got in 2017)ā€¦ Itā€™s all very odd & disorganizedā€¦it doesnā€™t make a good impression compared to other schools. My son felt like other schools really wanted him by sending him great admissions letters, even though the scholarship amount is basically the same.

Just an observation from this thread but Miamiā€™s EA notification process has been the biggest head scratcher by far of the dozen schools my son applied.

Itā€™s like Miami doesnā€™t know what they want to be and who they want on a consistent basis.

He was accepted and received some merit but not enough to attend. Has better, less expensive options. Good luck to all.

What is lead Miami?