University of Miami Class of 2024

I was accepted EA to architecture with the presidential scholarship and the presidential architecture scholarship. I have a 33 act (34 superscored), 3.94 UW GPA and 4.94 W GPA

Congratulations!

Any one here had to send proof of citizenship to Financial aids?

I mailed the documents almost 2 weeks a go, but cane link still shows missing the document.

Thanks,

Hi! I am getting conflicting info on this. Benacquisto is now offered to OOS NMF students right? Also does anyone know if it stacks with the presidential scholarship?

Does anyone know how housing is going to work for 20-21 freshman? Like what we get to choose from or really any details is majorly appreciated. I’m an accepted EA student :slight_smile:

I found today that my parental contribution raised to be 6000$ (on canelink).
It is not possible because i already got grants that will cover my tuition and other stuff along with my student contribution.
How this can be even possible. It must be a fault.
Anyone had the same changes??

Accepted ED. How do I check financial aid?

ED2 decisions are out guys.

@CanesFan123

canelink(full site)----> student center —> view financial aid → 2021+
and then from the top left menu choose awards.

@fifanto365 Hi - wondering if you know when ED2 deposits are due?

Congratulations to everyone that got in! I have a question, I am new at all of this college stuff and would appreciate your help. Is the total cost mentioned on their website per year or is that the cost in total? My daughter would be undergraduate on campus so would it be $73,354 per year or is that the total of the four years? Thanks!

Anyone know when Univ of Miami (Florida) releases regular decision admissions?

@isabel72 I believe April 1st

That is for 1 year. Now pick yourself up off the floor. My son got in, but only awarded 15k for merit(no financial aid due to income), so he will not be attending.

@DeanHeupel Oh my goodness! I was raised in Costa Rica so I am not familiar with the costs here in the United States. Are all universities like that? The costs on the websites are per year?!?

@epreskin1010 Hate to tell you, but all reputable 4 year private colleges in the US have conspired (that’s what I think!) to be about 70-75K a year. If you are out of state applying to a really good state school (e.g., Michigan or Berkeley) it is the same. Did your daughter apply for financial aid? Did you participate in that process? College acceptances are getting down to the wire. You and he need to get on top of that financial aid issue. I would recommend calling the financial aid office immediately if the financial aid forms weren’t submitted.

@Edisonian We did apply for financial aid but I am not sure if we will be able to afford the remaining cost.

What kind of merit scholarship did she get from U Miami ? Hint: this is not easy to find. You need to log into Canelink and then use this link: https://financialaid.miami.edu/NetPartnerStudent/PgAwards.aspx

@noelle222: thank you for your comments. Do you have any information on the probability of being accepted after being deferred? Are there any published statistics from past years? Just trying to help my student to think realistically. Thank you.

No. Just the private ones. The state public schools for the state you live in are very affordable, sometimes free or the kids make money, depending on Merit and financial aid. Yes, the cost of attendance that are on websites are for 1 year.