University of Miami Class of 2024

@deanhuepel that depends on the state that you live in. New Jersey star schools are not any cheaper than out of state schools.

@bilardo I had a problem with that too. They had the wrong address on their website so I had to resend my things to the correct one. Also I thought I didnā€™t get a scholarship, but it didnā€™t show up only because my finaid wasnā€™t complete. On CaneLink it now shows I got the presidents scholarship.

Thank you very much Miichael.
Did the mail come back to your address?
We are travelling down there for the scholarship weekend next week, so we will make sure we bring the documents to the financial aids office.

Were any of you who received only a presidential scholarship invited to the Scholarship weekend coming up?

Does anyone know if all the people who were not admitted through early action were deferred or were there some denials? Thanks.

Got in for Contemporary guitar (MADE) at the Frost School of music. Hoping to find some other fellow contemporary guitarists here! Havenā€™t been able to find any so far :frowning:

@AshDurgMusic thatā€™s awesome, congrats! My D was deferred for MADE(contemporary voice) and I havenā€™t found any acceptances yet. I know you got in for a different instrument but I bet its all the same, so you should be extremely proud! Congrats! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to connect with other students very soonā€¦as RD decisions trickle in next month.

Deferred EA
3.7 UW / 4.1 W GPA
1330 SAT
Legacy Student

Does anybody know if legacy status helps at UM? Not sure if Iā€™ll get in

Any body is going to the scholarship weekend?

I will be there

My husband and I are looking forward to Scholarship Weekend!

Iā€™ll be there. Does anyone know where to find the itinerary for the weekend?

@jpayne66 @seniorssenoir @bilardo @Broadway24601
So I guess if we donā€™t know about scholarship weekend, then we werenā€™t invited? My D received a Presidential award, but this would be for the more prestigious scholarships?

@usc23456 We found an email with the itinerary for Scholarship Weekend in our sonā€™s junk mail folder dated 2/21. Thereā€™s also an agenda on the website.

Is Scholarship Weekend only for students who applied and were admitted Early or were some RD students contacted?

Unfortunately, we are unable to fly to Florida for the scholarship weekend. We will attend a local event in our state and a later admitted student event. I would love to hear the highlights from those going. Is there anyone invited who is not going?

Scholarship weekend is for those who received ā€œpremier scholarshipsā€, like Singer, Stamps and Hammond. I donā€™t know whether those that received departmental scholarships were invited or not.

Do you mind if I ask your family income? I know Miami is pretty good with aid, but Iā€™m worried my parents make too much for it to be a decent amount. Im just trying to get a financial aid estimate. Thanks.

@Edisonian - my daughter received the presidential scholarship as well. That is making the choice to attend very difficult. Is U Miami worth the $200,000 price tag - its alot of money and to have her start her post college career with so much debt is daunting. She also got in to a top University in the UK for marine biology. Three years and no debt but U Miami is her top choice. These are tough choices for an 18 yr old to make.

@AVic22 My child got the Hammond (full tuition worth $52,000.00 per year). This is a merit scholarship and has nothing to do with income. I am unable to disclose income but can tell you that we do not qualify for any need aid. We also never visited.