University of Miami Class of 2024

@jazz2020 I sent you a PM

@camachojr216 My son was deferred. Back in January, a day or two before decisions came out, his portal showed a green dot. We didn’t know at the time it was the “dot of doom” lol. But as of right now
no green dot, so hoping maybe that is a good sign. I will update if that changes before tomorrow at 5pm. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hi! My daughter applied ED and was deferred to regular decision. She logged into her portal today and saw that there was an extra bar under the original bar. This bar said Term: Spring 2021 and todays date with a new application number. We called the admission office and asked what it meant and the women in the office said that it did not mean anything. Do you guys think that it means anything?

Yes as I suspected portals may update today with letters out tomorrow. I think spring 2021 means admitted for spring semester. Did you have a green dot?

My student center is the same, still no green dot. Just shows my personal info on the bottom. But when I click the self service tab and then student admission, application status, it has 2 separate bars. One for fall 2020 and another below it for spring 2021, each with their own application number. It says application completed below each. Anyone know what this could mean? Does everybody have this?

and under each bar it just says application complete.

Hmmmm that’s a new one!

@miamimom01 is this the same as yours

If it was admitted for spring then wouldn’t i have a green dot?

Ok I think that’s different. On your main student center page a new tab will populate under your name and it will day Admissions. That’s where the green dots are for those that have them. If you don’t have that tab or a green dot then nothing has changed yet.

Well when I go to that tab, the spring 2021 bar does show today’s date. The fall 2020 bar has the date of when I submitted my application. The spring bar was definitely not there yesterday

When you say that you go to that tab do you mean you have the new admissions tab populated on your main student center page?

I looked at screen shots from my friends last year. The green bar is the new Admissions tab I think. I saw my one friend who had the two green bars and the green dot beneath and she was declined admission.

nope 
 my main student center has no admissions tab. Just my personal info on the bottom.

Ok then I think you can’t determine anything yet based on that. I bet there will be some portals changing later today though.

No - the green dot (the “dot of doom” as someone else called it) is for those who get rejected. This theory (green dot = rejection) is true, I believe. It has held up as true, at least for this year’s EA decisions & back in 2017 when my first kid applied to UM.

Green dot can also mean deferred or waitlisted. I know many that were either of those two and had the green dot. Some waitlisted for their college or a different college and some deferred admissions to spring. And yes some outright rejected. I don’t know of anyone who got the green dot (outside of the deferred EA applicants who were later admitted) that got the green dot and then were admitted outright for Fall semester.

I do not have a separate tab for admissions. No green dot. Under self service, I clicked on student admission and it says my application is complete. I clicked on course search and was able to view available classes for Fall 2020. I don’t think I was able to do this yesterday?

@thesuzie27 that is completely normal. You probably just didn’t realize you could do that. I thought the same thing when I first saw it

1 Like

@kittycat1203 yeah mine is the same thing. Deferred in january. I was thinking that maybe since I and your son were deferred that we just don’t get no green dot at all.

@sbecker34 I have the same thing. No green dot, but when I go to self service and status, I have my fall 2020 with the date of my application when it was submitted and my spring 2020 with today’s date