University of Miami Class of 2024

@camachojr216 same here… deferred in january and no green dot.

No dot is a good thing lol. Like I said my friends daughter was mislabeled as an EA applicant 2 years ago. She got the green dot then a deferred admission (because at that time pretty much everyone applying to Frost had to be RD because of auditions). Then the dot and tab went away. Then at RD she was admitted.

I’m curious how many out there right now have the green dots and how long they’ve had them for. This is a smaller thread than in past years.

i wonder if being deferred has anything to do with it

@sbecker34 do you remember if you had the dot in January? The dot means one of three things based on the past years of observation: Deferred, Waitlisted or Denied.

Hello everyone! I just checked my portal and I do not have a green dot or a new admissions tab that says spring 2021. Nothing new has showed. I am a first time applicant with RD so I don’t know if that is good or bad

yes i had the dot in january

@epreskin1010 we are in the exact same boat. For right now I’m gonna take this as a good sign.

why speculate any further? Decisions come out in 24 hours!

Lol what else do you have to do while quarantined?! ?

I don’t know what to expect right now lol. I have hope because I don’t have a green dot but at the same time I’m a lil worried because I have a fall 2020 and spring 2021 bar under self service admission status. Being admitted for spring would suck

@sbecker34 maybe it’s like that for everyone that was deferred. And the whole green dot theory may not apply to us, but I guess we will see tomorrow

@sbecker34 btw the spring wouldn’t really mean spring admission, would it? Because we do go from fall 2020 for first semester and then to spring 2021 for second semester

Did anyone have anymore green dots appear?

What does the red dot on my portal mean?

Just kidding. I’m new here but I have no green dots, no new tabs, no new messages. My whole Canelink looks the same right now as it has for the past several weeks.

@Starbucksman that made me laugh lol

I was deferred in January and do not have a green dot or a spring admissions tab

Where do you find the green or red dot?

@nycteen219 it would be in your student center, right under the personal information tab. A new admission tab would populate with a green dot.

I GOT IN

@partyparty WOOOHOOO!!! Congrats! Did your portal just update? Please share details!