University of Miami Class of 2024

OMG I’m so sorry this was the wrong school. but I got into USC im so sorry

Hahaha all good and Congrats to you!!!

I am ED Deferred and just looked in my CaneLink. I also have the Spring Semester notation with an application date of 3/26/2020. The Fall Semester application date is my original one back in October 2019.

No Green Dots anywhere.

I’m thinking this means that I’ve been accepted for Spring 2021. I’d be totally fine with that as Miami is my TOP school and I’ll go no matter. Of course I prefer Fall 2020, but it’s better than being rejected.

Tomorrow needs to get here soon!!!

@swimswamswum2020 i have the same stuff on my canelink. I was thinking it meant the same thing, but I don’t know because why would it show fall 2020 too. If we were admitted for spring, wouldn’t it only show spring 2021?

@sbecker34 do we know if anyone else other than the people who got deferred have the spring admission. Maybe it’s a only deferred thing

My son was deferred. We have never seen green dots. Nothing has changed at all since the first time we looked on canelink months ago.
Good luck to all.

I was deferred ED and I now have the spring 2021 box in addition to the fall 2020 and i did not have it yesterday

yes

Where is everyone seeing the spring thing??

I don’t have green dots or checks or any updates it just says fall 2020 - application complete

@sbecker34
I’m thinking it’s because we originally applied for Fall 2020. So that remains there with the original application date listed.

The Spring 2021 is new because it’s now the option that will be offered.

so, in the groups opinion, no green dots, nothing stating spring 2021 is best position to be in?

@user_405750 personally that’s what I believe.

Where do you see all of that?

Under self service, student admission, application status

@SpartanDrew

Hi, I’m new to this thread and am another Frost applicant. Do you know what Frost’s acceptance rate generally is? ( I know it depends on major and instrument as well)

Is there a pretty good chance of getting in if you passed the pre-screen and got a live audition or do most applicants pass the pre-screen round at Frost?

@MilesDavis2020 great screen name! I really don’t know the admission rate but I do know it’s low. I’m assuming you’re a jazz major with the screen name? MADE has one of the highest numbers of applicants and the lowest admits I think. And for jazz it totally depends on your instrument and what they need.

Best of luck to you and please post your results here tomorrow. And for the million dollar question…do you have any portal changes? Green dot?? Hoping for great news for you tomorrow,

@MilesDavis2020 Peterson’s puts Frost’s acceptance rate at 151 of 323 applications, or about 47%. I’m not sure if I can post a URL here, but you can find the stats by searching for “peterson’s frost acceptance rate”.

@SpartanDrew @Starbucksman

Thank you!!

Also,

no portal changes or green dot.

I was wondering if someone would let me know if I have any chance of getting accepted tomorrow.
I applied RD to the Herbert Business School
*SAT: 1250 (650M 600R/W)
GPA: Unweighted: 94.95 Weighted: 100

• Took many Dual Enrollment/College Courses through local colleges, honors courses, and 3 APs
  • Essay: Well Written, tells a good story
  • Honor Societies: Part of 3 Honor Societies and Secretary of One
  • Extracurricular Activities: Extremely Involved: treasurer of 2 clubs, president of one club, and a member of 2 others
  • Community Service: Participates in many events through clubs, volunteers at community service organization through the local church: helps out at soup kitchen, wreath sales, special needs parties, volunteers during the summer at library and is a TA for a camp at my church for 2 weeks
  • Work: Works during the summer at camp (6 weeks)