University of Miami Class of 2027 Official Thread

UF 100 percent!

1 Like

Please see my posts above. Yield Protection. Your kid is a rock star.

1 Like

Son was accepted, business. From CT, 4.0 GPA, APs, good EC, 33 ACT. But no mention of merit/award in the letter or on the portal. Does that come separately? or just not eligible?

FWIW in our EA experience, that translated to zero merit. Unfortunately.

(That said, congrats on his good news!)

1 Like

I donā€™t know if youā€™ll find anything different, but did you look in the FA portal (which is an additional login from the application portal)? I think we got the admissions and money news all at once, but that is where the scholarship and FA letters live.

1 Like

Thank you. - yes looked there - it said accept award at the top of the page but then was blank - not even a 0. so was hopeful that meant it was not loaded yet - but doesnā€™t sound promising.

1 Like

Accepted Nursing/Health but Spring start. 3.4 GPA no tests submitted, 4 years varsity tennis 2/3 state wins. Tough decision with zero scholarship and need to go to graduate school as well.

Congratulations to your acceptance to Frost. Awesome!
Have you ever heard of any waitlisted student being accepted to Frost for voice?

Hi, thank you! I really know nothing at all about how the waitlists work and donā€™t know enough about Frost, I am sorry! But I assume kids do get accepted off the waitlist, right? Good luck!!! Keeping everything crossed.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve learned in the music major thread, music wailists are real. As students start declining offers it can happen. I would think of it as unlikely, just for my mental health, and enjoy learning more about my other options, but I believe it can happen in April and May.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Iā€™m sure so very few spots for classical voice!

LMAO!!! Deferred then waitlisted. Awesome stats, test scores and ECā€™s. Kiddo did not apply to that many schools. Thankfully she has excellent options. She wanted a Florida option since we are OOS. Clearly applied to the wrong school. Donā€™t waste your time.

1 Like

Yep, right there with you! Hope youā€™re amazing kid has other great options.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed there might still be a pleasant surprise.

She may have been rejected from some schools because they figured sheā€™d get (and accept) ā€œbetterā€ offers given the strength of her application. But thatā€™s of course just guessing.

Deleted

same zero merit. Having a hard time justifying nearly $90kā€¦ nice campus but???

Thatā€™s pretty much where weā€™ve landed as well. Gorgeous campus, great program for D23ā€™s interests, and weā€™re all thrilled she got the thumbs upā€¦ but the zero-merit costs (not to mention the probable added expenses of finding/paying for housing in Coral Gables following freshman year) are more than a little brutal.

At the very least: itā€™s a lot to chew on.

2 Likes

Spring admits it sounds like they will also have a Miami in Dublin study abroad option for first semester. There isnā€™t the visa requirement like the Rome program (which requires submitting the passport June 10th for processing could take several weeks so anyone with booked trips this would be an issue).

Great way to put it - definitely a lot to chew on. Good point, future housing expense is crazy and definitely needs to be factored in too. Currently trying to compare outcomes from the other schools in consideration from their websites. If only Miami didnā€™t have those damn palm trees and warm temperatures :slight_smile: But so far nothing is convincing me that Miami will auto open doors for him that the others will not and $35k-40k+ a year pays for a lot of warm weather vacations!

2 Likes