University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Question about applicant portal (that I randomly checked for my daughter today). The checklist shows they received everything, including her ACT/SAT scores (sent directly from ACT way back in October), however, below that is a section that says “Test Scores Review your official test scores below. These scores should match or exceed your self reported scores in your Common Application. Include test scores in application review: Yes” And below that is a table for test scores that says “there are no test scores to display.” Should we call admissions to make sure there isn’t a problem? Or does it look this way for everyone?

1 Like

I applied TO so I don’t really know :frowning: I would definitely call admissions as soon as possible so you know if there is a mistake or not!

1 Like

I was reading on the UM website that only the first year admitted students are nominated for merit scholarships … I HOPE SO !!!

@kdzmom My son’s portal says everything you just said but it also states his SAT scores. I would def call!

1 Like

I think you are good. It says official test scores so as long as you reported on the common app you should be fine. Mine is exactly like that too since I didn’t pay for my scores to be sent.

1 Like

That could be true. We did send the official scores.

1 Like

@jdolger thanks—just double checked my records and realized we self reported ACT scores, too, rather than sending official scores. False alarm. Now back to waiting for a decision. Hopefully, this week!

1 Like

Does anyone of u have an idea that the students selected for merit scholarship in the EA round can also be rejected ?

I think it is possible if you do not complete the essay or whatever the requirements were for your specific selection but I don’t think it’s likely to get rejected after completing

My S received his ‘portal status update’ email in 2019 at 3:01pm EST.

1 Like

for the scholarship ???

I believe scholarship comes at the same time as decision

yess

For the past two years it has been January 24th so that is what I’m thinking at 3pm.

1 Like

@tptptp So it isn’t on a Friday that decisions are released? It is January 24th, regardless of which day of the week that falls out on?

No shot. That’s a Sunday lol.

@jdolger Yep, I know. That’s why I questioned the statement. :upside_down_face:

I’m thinking Friday at 3

Last year it was Fourth Friday (1/24), same week as MLK day. So that would be this coming Friday if it is to be the same timing.

1 Like

anyone selected for stamps ?

1 Like