University of Miami Merit Scholarship Awards- prospective class of 2021

@londondad Thanks. So the Presidential scholarship is still in play, but I wonder about Singer since my child’s stats are consistent with students who received Singer. I guess we will find out next week. Good luck to everyone!

@beaglemom Did your kid apply EA or ED? Only those kids are eligible for the Singer Scholarship.

If your kid has high stats, he/she will probably get something. I have heard that very few kids are full-pay at Miami.

@beaglemom , here is the information on the UM website about the Singer: “Prospective scholars must apply as freshman applicants to the University of Miami under the early decision (ED)/early action (EA) deadline of November 1. There is no separate application required to be considered for the Singer Scholarship – applicants are automatically considered when they apply for admission to UM”

@londondad @Zelinski611 Hi. Yes, high stats - equiv to others who said they got Singer, but since it is Frost it can only be RD (although the application went in by Nov 1). Maybe it was EA but Frost hasn’t even announced admission yet. So, if that is the case than Frost kids can’t get Singer. Unclear to me how exactly it works. And, since I don’t even know if Frost is up or down - I am probably jumping the gun on merit. I was just curious

@rm17hobi
Do you know how many students were invited to the scholarship weekend? And do you have any idea how many full ride scholarships UM has to give out?

Initially $24000/year Presidents Scholarship, then bumped to Singer Scholarship in April worth ~$47000/year.

UW GPA: 3.96
W GPA: 4.61
ACT: 33 (34 superscored)
SAT Subjects: Math II: 800 Bio-E: 730
AP Courses: Euro (5), US (4), Calc BC (5), Comp Sci (5), Bio (5), English Lang (4), US Government, Physics 1/2 (essentially as difficult as can be done sanely)

Extracurrciulars: FIRST FTC Robotics (4 years), Technology Student Associations (4 years), Chess Team (3 years), Web and Mobile App Development (2 years), ~350 community service hours

The Singer Scholarship was likely in part due to one of my recommendation letters, which was partly read aloud to the group of prospective scholarship recipients in late March.

Did you apply EA, ED or RD?

@worldfairs66 This thread is from last year! I see there is a new thread where people are posting about the scholarship weekend. Check it out and good luck!

got in with president’s scholarship $30000 per year.
i am an international student from China and go to a high school in MD
1450 SAT
105 TOEFL
4.5/4.0 GPA
great recommendations from School headmaster and teachers

Hi, yes UM allows stacking the president’s scholarship and Benacquisto. My daughter revived both and we only payfor room and board. Just make sure you are a National Merit Scholar bcz I was told the Benacquisto is only given to those who become scholars.