University of New Hampshire Early Action for Fall 2023

Accepted OOS English major $12k! Finally! Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Accepted OOS- computer science. 12k scholarship!! Woo hoo!!

6 Likes

Accepted FINALLY! Geez. Marine Biology OOS $6k/year Dean’s Scholarship. Offered much higher merit elsewhere, so we will be declining. Hope it opens a spot for someone else!

6 Likes

Yay! Accepted! :partying_face: D23 OOS bio med-veterinary sciences with trustee scholarship. Worth the wait

7 Likes

My D23 got in today finally! Only Dean Scholarship which is $6k but its her top choice so we will see. Major is Education.

5 Likes

I can see that, 50 is too many!

Agreed , interest waning ….

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance decision! Good luck to everyone still waiting. Do you think the full FA package will be out by next week?

3 Likes

Same here - 3.9 UW, leadership, EMT, and deferred to Health Science - no thanks! Unsure why they have kids put second choice for Nursing as you either want to be a Nurse or not, kind of stupid but a lot of schools do that. Made the choice easy though - UNH was in top 4 so she has her top 3 now to choose from instead.

Daughter finally accepted to UNH last week after long wait, OoS Marine Bio Major. $12 K scholarship. She also got accepted EA the next day to Villanova & Richmond. UNH was her top safety school, so she has some decisions to make. Waiting on FA offers which may be most important factor.

3 Likes

Congrats on her acceptances! The marine bio/estuary major is pretty unique at UNH and highly regarded.

Things you do not see on the regular tour:

Jackson Lab - they received funding to expand the lab as well.

Isle of Shoals - partnership with Cornell

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback & links! I will pass on!

Agree a lot available here which is why we are happy to have UNH as an in-state option. I swear my guy’s EA app disappeared into a black hole. I really would have thought he’d heard from UNH by now. In at UVM, UMASS-Amherst & UMAINE Orono with honors invitation. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better, my son heard from UNH before Xmas and is still waiting on UMass Amherst. Not sure if there’s any rhyme or reason to the admission process. We’re MA residents.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sorry to hear that! What major?Hoping he gets good news in the next batch! I credit UVM for plowing through and releasing all ED/EA at one time.

1 Like

Same here. My son must have been in the first wave for UNH. The UMass wave he his waiting for probably still in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

1 Like

So just called admissions to inquire on status of EA decisions and was informed that my daughter checked the regular decisions box on her application not the EA therefore she will not hear until mid February or beginning of March. I said I was surprised as she has done EA for all her other schools which she has heard from and she applied to UNH in September so why would it be regular and she said students can choose when it will be reviewed irregardless of when it is submitted . Sooo we still wait . Not sure what that will do for scholarship opportunities . Sad to say I don’t think UNH will remain on the list. In case anyone else is still waiting that may be why……

Thanks. I’ll check.

1 Like

My daughter is baffled and said she used the common application and does not recall clicking a button indicating which group she wanted her application reviewed in. Anyone else use common app? She applied in September but will not hear until March ?

Just verified all EA decisions have been released . Next decisions RA mid to end of February .

1 Like