University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Looks like the only dates that will work for S24 for Decision Days is March 1/2.

The only non-stop flight option from Los Angeles to Pittsburgh is the daily red-eye on Spirit Airlines. I’ve never flown Spirit, but hopefully they are not too awful. They don’t seem to have any option for refundable flights.

Red eye would get S24 into Pittsburgh at 5am on Friday morning March 1st. Lots of coffee, a hearty breakfast, and hopefully he can make it through Decision day from 8:30am-2pm. If travel gets delayed, he could still do the one on Saturday, March 2nd. Planning to fly back to LA on the non-stop flight on Spirit at 5pm.

I booked the Oaklander - it’s super close and reviews seem decent and refundable if plans change.
It’s not ideal, but I guess S24 has to take travel experience into account too when picking a school.

2 Likes

The Oaklander is really nice!

2 Likes

One of my S19’s roommate was from California. He only went home once a year at Christmas break. He also stayed in Pittsburgh every summer. He is a senior this year, Guess he likes it! He’s from the Menlo Park area.

1 Like

@OregonMom2024 - this Pitt thread is much more active. Pitt admissions estimates 6-8 weeks for you to hear back. Some kids hear pretty quickly and others seem to be around that 6 week-ish mark for those who applied in August. If you look through this thread it should be helpful with the buttons and letters info.

1 Like

I am happy to say I am back on this thread because S24 is accepted to Dietrich! Yay! We are so proud of him. Will it be 3 Pitt grads? Time will tell.
He already signed up for the November 27th event :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Welcome back @caz0743 , and congrats to your son! Keep on hailing! I have an S25 and enjoy keeping up on Pitt and helping when I can, but lately I’m just reading for when he applies next summer

1 Like

Accept button showed up late last night. Dietrich School
Applied Aug 2.

8 Likes

Just checking here to see if any one applied to or heard from School of Public Health. If I am not mistaken, it is an independent school. I see nursing, Dietrich, Swanson and Business in above replies, but didn’t see any public health majors. Just curious if they do their own admissions (we only applied recently, so it maybe a while anyway).

1 Like

Anyone know if the Decision Days fill up quickly?

Does anyone know if you can sign up for a date other than the 27th of November?

So far only November 27th is available. S24 can only fly in for March1/2, so I will give admissions a call in a few weeks to see whats up.

1 Like

Applied 09/19. Accepted to Dietrich 09/26. Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Woohoo! Saw the accept/decline buttons for DD this morning. SRAR complete 9/18 (application submitted 9/11). OOS applied to school of public health. Sat 1490, GPA 98.** No document yet, but hopefully soon.

Hi, can you clarify if you applied through the UPitt Site or the common app? Where do you see the buttons if you applied through common app and later got a login for the UPitt portal? I applied through the common app and when I go in do not see any place where there could be decision updates

1 Like

Anyone here with an acceptance letter in the document center but has not received an email yet?

My DD got the letter in the portal on 9/15 (a day after seeing the accept/decline buttons) but has not received any email to date. If we were not following this thread and did not check her document center then we would have no idea that her acceptance letter was already there.

We applied through common app. On the Pitt Dashboard, there is an admissions tab under which there is an accept/decline tab. When I click on that, it gives me an option to accept/decline the admissions. However, this doesn’t happen until the application status tab changes from “pending” to “complete” HTH

Got accepted a month ago (letter in doc center). Still waiting on the acceptance email and video. :woman_shrugging:

My son received his email around one week after his acceptance letter was in the document center. The email is really cool…it’s a personalized video!

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

I searched for Pitt personalized acceptance video and saw this one. Maybe there is a backlog on making the videos lol.

My daughter received the admissions email about a week after she received the letter in the document center. Letter 9/15, email 9/20.

3 Likes