University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

This is probably a dumb question since everyone has been able to find it but me, but where the heck is the “document center”? I don’t see that anywhere!

1 Like

Login into the Pitt Portal at https://my.pitt.edu
Search for Document Center.
You can then mark it as favorite or bookmark the link to access directly.

Oh, there it is! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Button just showed up after I sent an inquiry email to admission office this morning. S24 is in tear. First admission and Pitt is also his top choice after we visited in April.

S24 timeline
Application Submitted 8/19 (common app)
SRAR completed 8/28
Button showed up 9/27

Test Optional, OOS
Dietrich Art & Science
Major Pre-Physical Therapy

7 Likes

I applied through the Pitt site. Logged in, clicked on the admissions tab on the left, saw that my application status has changed from pending to complete, and the accept/decline buttons showed up.

2 Likes

Now I’m just waiting on scholarships/honor college stuff. Accepted OOS pre-med with 36 ACT and valedictorian of my school – honestly don’t know a lot about Pitt and just applied as a safety but it would be nice to have a financial guarantee that I can go to at least one OOS school lol. Onto my 6 EA schools :woozy_face:

1 Like

thanks so much for sharing. my daughter got the acceptance letter in the portal and 8/24 and no email yet and she was looking forward to the video. She met with the Pitt counsellor visiting her high school and was told to treat the letter in the portal as the admission confirmation. So not sure if they are backed up in sending emails out or it is random.

Anyone with acceptances for Pitt Johnstown 2028?

Waiting to hear from Pitt Johnstown. All the Pitt, none of the Oakland!

Just received Peoplesoft ID letter in Document Center. Does everyone get this? Thanks!

Yes, everyone should get that. If you ever need to contact admission office, that’s the ID you use for them to check on your application.

For those also received Guarantee program, do you get a separated letter in addition to the undergraduate acceptance letter or it has mentioned in the same letter?

My daughter received a separate letter confirming she was admitted to the Guarantee Program. I believe the letter showed up the day after her general admit letter.

1 Like

Separate letters. Same day.

1 Like

Hello. I applied to Pitt 09/15. I used a fee waiver code I was given during my visit to Pitt over the summer. The system accepted the waiver code. Today I received an email that I need to pay for the application. Does this mean that the application is not submitted? I am OOS and was really counting on getting high merit from Pitt if I applied early. My GPA is 4 unweighted and my SAT is 1540, and I am a NMSF. Is this delay going to cost much in merit?

1 Like

My son used fee waiver code he received from Pitts application workshop and he didn’t encounter any issue like that when submitting from Common App. Do you get the confirmation after you submitted? Have you activated your Pitts portal. If you’ve received your Pitt ID, you can contact admission office to clarify.

1 Like

Did you use the Pitt App or Common App? Who sent the email? S24 used a waiver code with no problems.

Go to common app or Pitt portal and check the dashboard to see the status. Hopefully there will be an explanation. Or call admissions.

1 Like

I’m assuming the GAP is different by program. My daughter applied to the Physician Assistant program and it says it is a multi-step program and she needs to supply additional information. Still waiting to find out what that is or if she even has a shot as from what I can see they only allow 15 people into it.

My son is in a similar boat. He is verbally committed for athletics and used the athletic waiver code he received from the coach. He applied on 9/10 hoping to get some merit. His dashboard shows that his application fee is what is pending and that we should allow 14 days for processing. Obviously, we are now past that mark. We are also hoping this can be resolved in time for October merit consideration and wish we had just paid the darn fee.

The documents showed up in my DD portal. 2 letters: One the regular admission and then the other one was a guaranteed admission to Law school (provided some GPA and LSAT requirements are met). Beyond excited!

6 Likes