University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Daughter has a letter in documents with a people soft ID. Does that mean anything? I assume that goes to everyone who applies.

1 Like

The first document in the document center has the ID. Means application is complete. The second letter will have the official acceptance.

1 Like

Wow that seems fast. She applied Sunday and did SRAR Monday. Will she hear decision soon?

Timeline seems to depend on student and the program. But the turnaround seems to have picked up speed in the past few weeks and several people have reported acceptances in less than 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Heads up to anyone new to this thread trying to find the “buttons”. Website is down for the weekend for maintenance so you won’t see the page views of the site referenced above.

1 Like

My daughter just got into Pitt School of Public Health. This is only the second year at Pitt for this undergraduate major so you probably won’t see too much discussion about it in previous posts. It does have its own school at Pitt. My daughter heard back 6 weeks after applying.

5 Likes

Thanks! My daughter got in earlier this week too.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard yet about merit or Honors College? I know it’s very early in the cycle…we are OOS

Some people should start hearing about merit soon though awards are made up until March 1. Everyone hears about Honors College on the same day. In past years it was in late February.

3 Likes

I know it’s very early in the application cycle but has anyone seen merit or Honors admission to Pitt? We are OOS…

As @me29034 said, honors admissions doesn’t happen until late February/early March. Applicants are all notified at the same time.

Merit reviews have also not yet started, as @me29034 indicated. The scholarship committee will meet for the first time this week and the first round of merit awards will probably come at the end of this week or beginning of next. Two years ago, my daughter received her notification around October 7.

5 Likes

My daughter was also accepted on 8/24 and never received an email. She emailed admissions and told them she never got it, but would love the personalized video she heard about. They said that they only started sending them on 9/1, so she was accepted before it started! She received her video email right after that. I recommend that you reach out. It’s not necessary, but it was still really exciting for her to receive!

2 Likes

thank you so much for sharing this, I will ask her to email admissions team. She will be so happy if they send it to her :smile:

Congrats to all of the acceptances already! That’s awesome. OMG I forgot about the buttons…they are so confusing. So much button discussion every year…

My #2 son graduated last spring from Pitt and back in 2018 he was the kid with the first week of August submission, early Sep acceptance, and October merit. It came early enough that he didn’t bother applying to our in-state flagship, Rutgers.

My #3 son is a little behind. :slight_smile: He submitted UDel and next up this week is Pitt (Dietrich A&S). Fingers crossed

Lot of familiar faces on Pitt CC. Hey @Winky1 !!

2 Likes

What’s up @borodad!! Glad your S24 is applying! Lots has ramped up with Pitt admissions since 2017-2018 cycle! My D22 is now a sophomore in the Pitt Band, and was fortunate enough to get the Stamps Scholarship her year. Wow, I’m still not over it. Best of luck to your son

2 Likes

You shouldn’t be! That is awesome.

2 Likes

@stardancer you are correct. Admission just got back to us. My son applied for DPT GAP and decision will only be released in spring. I think same applied to PA GAP as well.

For all those who got admission decisions already, congratulations! Did you submit LORs from anyone although you didn’t have anything specific to explain?
I applied 09/01 thru common app with no LORs, still waiting !! Application complete per office however do not see anything on the portal

Yes, that’s what I saw for a few people who applied last year. That’s some wait! I guess we shouldn’t be holding our breath!

@Madd123 Pitts does not require LOR. When office said your application is completed meaning it’s under review by committee. Just need some more patience and result will come. Suggest you to follow up if you have not heard back 6 weeks after your submission.

1 Like