University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

D24 was accepted into the Nursing program (11/15) at Pittsburgh campus.
Applied 10/15
OOS 4.6 weighted, 4.0 uw. 9AP classes through jr year and taking 2AP / 2DE classes this year
Did not submit test scores

Best of luck to everyone!

7 Likes

OOS D24 accepted on 11/13. Waiting for GAP

3 Likes

Applied 10/21

Accepted 11/17

Admitted to Dietrich for Biological Sciences at Pittsburgh campus

ACT: 35

GPA: 4.5

13 AP’s, 5 Dual Enrollment, rest are Honors

OOS

Okay EC’s

4 Likes

Congratulations!

I am just curious, does your child plan on attending Pitt? Is it their first choice? I am a local and just interested if OOS students with high stats have it at the top of their list. My S19 with high stats did not but he ended up there and it was fantastic.
I think he is torn if he wants to stay here for Med School.

Hello, I am the child this is my account to clear up any confusion lol

It was one of my safeties. If I don’t get into any of my better choices, I’ll go here, since they have a good dental and medical school so I won’t feel limited.

Most OOS students treat Pitt as not that high. IMO

My oos d committed after she received her merit letter. Pitt has the major she is interested in, plus many more in case she changes her mind. Having grown up in a very small town she is excited for the opportunity to explore a city. After our visit in the spring she could see herself there and so had her application in by Labor Day.

5 Likes

@wuiru @Mgw1ll

I love both of your responses. Very interesting to see how students view Pittsburgh. My S19 would have defintely applied to other OOS schools he liked if they offered merit. He loved the campus of W&M but full-price was not a smart move for undergrad. He also likes UVA and will be applying to their med school. Being a Pittsburgher who moved away to DC then came back years later, I can appreciate wanting to leave your hometown to explore other cities and cultures.
@Mgw1ll our kids grew up in a very small town near Pittsburgh but we always visited the museums and hospitals so they are very familiar with the area.
Make sure your student and you sign up for the crime alerts.

2 Likes

more than 4 weeks. Applied Oct 23 to Business school. Still pending. For rolling admissions that seems odd…

My DD’s application to the UPitt’s nursing program has been accepted.
On Monday, the acceptance/decline button became available for DD to make her decision.
She received the official admission letter just yesterday.
Also, guarantee letter for graduate school.
So proud of her.

4 Likes

We had similar situation applied 10/09 , pending 10/16 and accepted 11/16 to business school.

1 Like

Thank you and congratulations !. 5 weeks. are you OOS? can you share stats ?

1 Like

The official email from the University of Pittsburgh’s admission office confirmed the completion of her application on October 26. According to the communication, the review process was expected to take approximately 4-6 weeks. She received the admission letter on November 21.

1 Like

OOS
UW: 3.94, W: 4.53
SAT: 1510
honors & APs
NHS
volunteer at both health & non-health
other ECs

1 Like

Yes OOO, I posted last week on this thread plz check previous posts

Anyone hear about GAP for Physical Therapy? We just went to admitted students day and they said the decision would come a week or so after acceptance. But I thought I saw on here that the decision would be much later.

Hi. I don’t know about GAP for PT, but can you tell us about admitted students day? Worthwhile? Enjoyable? Thx!

@Larolesama1 The accepted students was definitely worthwhile if you’ve never visited! This was our first time visiting and Pitts campus is much more impressive in person. We weren’t sure about the Urban setting but the campus is definitely distinguishable from the city (unlike a lot of other urban schools) The Cathedral is like walking in to Hogwarts. Guaranteed housing for 3 years is a plus.

8 Likes

Hi. I was accepted for pre communication science. Has anyone heard yet about guaranteed admissions or 5 year direct admit? I was told it would be in my document center but i haven’t seen anything yet.

I think that I was the one told you that decision will come in spring. When I reached out in October, admission office told me that. However, I reached out again recently and got different answer. This time they said it’s same time as regular acceptance. I guess we didn’t get GAP for PT. I wish the process is more clear. They said the application volume is high that they cannot reach out to each individual who applied for GAP but only send the admit letter.

@beishan thanks for clarifying. I was hoping you were right! But based on what they said today it sounds like a not admit. They also said only 15 are given a guaranteed seat. 1000 apps for 65 spots (technically 50 spots). The heartbreaking thing - they said less than 40% of students with GAP actually enroll! Not sure why the low yield but that stinks. We toured another program where 95% of GAP students enroll and stay.