University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

Current USD student here to help answer any questions you have regarding class of 2026 admissions- best of luck to everyone!

2 Likes

Hello @henry2017! Do you have any experiences with how long it takes for USD to begin sending decisions letters? Do they do so in waves? My D sent her application in late October or early November. Thank you!

Letters come very late based on previous years - late March, no rolling admissions.

1 Like

My DS is patiently waiting as well.
He’s got 4 acceptances and really liked USD so waiting to here from them.

Hey @SarahRYMoore ! Decisions are released on a rolling basis between March 1st and typically all applicants are notified by April 1st. Keep checking you admissions portal as this will be the very first place you will find an admission notification (I have known many who’s letters of acceptance get stuck in snail mail). Best of luck!

I participated in the webinar last night. Decisions are released in waves beginning in early March. They continue all month and are random (so don’t read into whether or not you were in the first wave). Merit offers are included with the admissions decision and financial aid packages come a couple weeks later (if I remember that part correctly - we aren’t eligible for need-based aid so I didn’t write it down). Honors invites also come with admissions offer. Of the schools my daughter has visited, USD is one of her top two so I’m really hoping for acceptance and merit!

2 Likes

Strange that they release decisions so much late than most schools. Many kids will have already moved on and chosen a different college to attend by the time they receive a USD decision.

the UC’s and Cal States don’t typically release decisions until March. A few exceptions but that’s the general time frame. It’s definitely a long stressful wait!

1 Like

They don’t offer an EA option, and I really wish they would. We do have some that we’ll be waiting until at least late March to hear from, but you’re right - it’s possible she would pull the trigger on USD if the decision came now and it was a good offer, whereas since she won’t know until probably mid-March then she’ll just wait on the others.

It is hard to wait but best to have all details. My son got good offer from Santa Clara and great offer from Pepperdine. He will sit tight until he has USD and the others.

My son applied to University of San Diego. His ACT superscore is a 32 and his Weighted GPA is a 4.0. Does anyone know about how much merit USD gives for these stats in the past? We live in the Midwest.

@CubbyFan USD is notorious for giving out generous financial aid packages. Your sons merit is fantastic so I would expect some sort of award, but of course, I have no way of knowing. Just based on those I have met here and their experience.

1 Like

Anyone else admitted yet? Randomly checked my daughters portal today and it shows admitted under admissions tab with all kinds of new information.

Congratulations! If my DS is looking in the right place (MySanDiego Portal), it still reads “ready to review”.

Are you in-state or OOS?

I just checked mine and I was admitted also! However, there is no letter. It just says admitted, and when you click on it it has a new student checklist.

In state

I don’t see a letter or scholarship offer. It says the portal should have scholarship info but I can’t find anything. Hopefully they follow up with something in the mail shortly.

Same here. There is nothing under financial aid either. I don’t think they have figured that out yet. Lol.