University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

This is exactly what I had. It means he has been admitted. Congrats!

@highschoolstudent121 I got the email the next day and just got the packet in the mail yesterday.

1 Like

Still no email. Im not 100% sure when the portal updated, but im fairly certain that just a couple of days ago it still said it was ā€œready for reviewā€ or something to that nature. I checked it after a couple of people mentioned their status changes. So I think the "acceptance " is yesterday or day before. Iā€™ll update if/when we get an email notification.

Good Luck!!

Maybe Iā€™ll wait to let my son know, if the mail package might arrive soon. There is still something so exciting in getting that mail acceptance! Not so fun getting that a slim reject letterā€¦ Its great that technology allows us the ability to access the information so quickly, and also cuts out missing mail etc. However, the excitement of getting that surprise envelope has been missed also.

It is really fun to get the packages. Just FYI, it arrived exactly one week after my portal was updated (I am in Northern California).

1 Like

YES! Thank you!! My daughter finally found her acceptance, so thank you for that guidance. Now, hoping for an email with merit, and that fun package in the mail!

Iā€™m just relieved that she was in this wave, but really hope they announce admitted students days soon!

1 Like

Searching for logic, even though there may not be any, could decisions be alphabetical? Not expecting people to reveal their last names but are you top of the alphabet? Middle? End?

So far, I believe I have only read about acceptances. Even within our own personal circle outside of CC. I want to stay positive, but have to wonder if the waitlist decisions etc come later in the month? I sure hope Iā€™m wrong.

hope the same. ours still says under review.

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering if the acceptances so far are alphabetical. My mid-alphabet kid hasnā€™t heard yet. Portal still says ready for review.

Sorry, I donā€™t mean to be discouraging, but I know people near the beginning , middle, and end of the alphabet who were accepted last week.

1 Like

I agree, I donā€™t think its alphabetical. Typically with each college decision release, there is a mix of admissions, waitlist and rejections. So far, I only see USD releasing admissions. Same as last year. Members posted their waitlist decisions to CC closer to the end of the month. Luckily, we have good CC members who are posting helpful information for those of us still waiting.

My daughterā€™s last name starts with M, and she got her acceptance yesterday.

1 Like

Thank you!

My daughter didnā€™t receive an email yet, but checked her portal and was admitted. Does anybody know anything about the ā€œMulticultural Experience Day Visit Programā€ on March 17th? Did all admitted students get this information?

1 Like

OOS S22 was accepted in the first wave on 2/28. Parents received an email 3/7 that said financial aid awards would be in the portal two weeks after acceptance. That will be key for us as we canā€™t afford anywhere close to the 70K+ sticker price.

2 Likes

Nevermind, sorry!

UCSD is not USD

right! Whoops! So sorry.

1 Like

My daughter received her merit aid in the initial email. Not sure if that would be different than need based aid.

Okay, thanks. We havenā€™t received any emails yet. Just saw ā€œadmittedā€ in the portal yesterday.