University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

Is the merit award showing in the portal or was email the only notification?

For the poster looking for stats for those that got awards. I posted above minimally.
Alcala Scholarship $25K/4 years
He did apply as early as they would accept. And USD is later than all of the other Private schools he applied to with acceptances and Awards.
4.0/4.65 When he applied. I don’t think they check his senior year but it is all AP classes and still all As.
He is 3 year class officer, 2 Sport Varsity Athlete, top 10 of his class, AP Honors Scholar, Selected for Boys State. 3 Honors Societies, Multiple ECs. some Volunteerism. He has a job, plays AAU sports. He is a quarterfinalist for Elks National MVS, School and County Winner for Heisman High School. Local winner of Voice of Democracy and Runner up for District (winner is a national finalist). He is also a winner of an Army ROTC 4 Year Scholarship to his top 3 schools. USD, Pepperdine and Santa Clara.

1 Like

Very impressive!

Just via email. Not showing in portal yet.

Congrats to your son! I am nowhere near as impressive as he, so I was surprised and excited to be considered for any scholarship!

1 Like

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions come out? Son hasn’t heard yet.
Thanks.

5 Likes

I think some came out today. My son’s portal shows admitted but no email yet.

3 Likes

My daughter just got admitted a short time ago. Saw it on the portal. No email yet.

1 Like

Congrats-TODAY this happened?

Yes - not sure what time it was updated in her portal, but we found it around 4:30pm PT.

Awesome -thank you! Son away at guitar, I am dying to log in , but will wait
nervously :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck!!!

Yes, today but still no email about scholarships. It’s 6:44 mountain time. I’m getting impatient :joy:

Ugh. My daughter’s still says “under committee review.” I wish they would take into account how far away people live and announce admitted student days. I’ve been holding off on booking a California trip (from the east coast) because we are waiting on a decision and schedule so we could include USD, Not being in the first two waves is discouraging and making it unlikely that she will get to go to any admitted student events.

3 Likes

Ours still says ready for review

I just read the college confidential USD page from last year. These poor folks were waiting all the way through the last day of March and still didn’t have decisions. :-1:t2:

Agreed. So frustrating. We are going to CA for spring break later this week. I guess we are just going to stick with the regular tour and hope for the best. Really hard to plan for those of us who are OOS.

1 Like

I was signing into some of my sons schools tonight, checking if there were any outstanding requests or updates, and at first everything on USD appeared unchanged. In fact, when i clicked on the “more info” box it also said “under committee review”. However, on the far left column menu there was a faint icon that said admitted. It was so faint i thought it wasn’t actually “active” yet, but when I clicked on it, it did bring me to a page with a small portion dedicated to an acceptance greeting. I’m not sure if it was officially set to go, or if they released the info earlier than planned?? It wasn’t exactly highlighted, and he has yet to receive an email notice. There was no financial aid info anywhere.

1 Like

if it says under committee review the application has been reviewed and there should be a decision underneath where it says ‘Applicant’ on the sidebar menu.

1 Like

For anyone who got the decision in their portal before an email- around when did you receive the email notifying you of acceptance??