University of San Diego Class of 2026 Admissions

DS accepted March 1. Last name starts with “L”. He received two emails. One at 6 pm (East Coast) indicating he had an application update. The second email was received at 9 pm with the acceptance letter. This letter included his merit aid. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Yes any merit aid is announced in a second email shortly after the acceptance. The financial need aid comes two weeks later.

Has anyone who saw “Admitted” on their portal yesterday, 3/7/22, gotten an email? We have not yet.

My daughter just got her email a bit ago (like maybe 20 minutes ago).

1 Like

We did too - right after posting my question :joy: But it was just the first one saying he’d been admitted. It seems the merit aid one comes a few hours later.

My daughter just got accepted today nursing major. She also got the USD Presidential Scholarship.

2 Likes

if i didn’t get an email, how do i check my decision status in the app portal? i’m lost…

My daughter just got an email notifying her that she is an Alcalá Award recipient. So proud!!

2 Likes

On the left side of the portal main page it’s says “application. Right underneath it will say “admitted” if your decision has been made in your favor.

Sorry for the delay. We did get an email today at 6pm EST with DS’s acceptance letter. At 915pm EST we received an email stating he was named a USD Presidential Scholar for merit, no financial aid info yet. This seems to hold to the same timing pattern as previously mentioned; portal day prior, 3pm PST, 6pm PST, and FA to hopefully follow!

Good Luck everyone!!

1 Like

Anybody else still say ready for review?

3 Likes

Yes mine

1 Like

Do we think all acceptances are in?

based on previous years, no i do not think all acceptances are in. fingers crossed right now.

We are also waiting. During the Zoom parent call for applicants a month or so ago, they did say they release in waves and that it is random, and not to worry if you aren’t in the first week or two. I honestly don’t believe it’s random…but that’s what they said. So we are trying not to worry.

2 Likes

My daughter received acceptance but no merit. We are shocked and she’s devastated as USD is one of her top choices (she won’t say but I suspect THE top). 4.0 unweighted, 4.66 GPA, 33 ACT, all honors, AP and Dual Enrollment courses, over 300 hours of community service, leadership in clubs and captain of soccer team as a sophomore, nationally ranked athlete in niche sport. She was homeschooled the last two years (but all academic courses taken thru online AP providers and community college) and USD being test blind I’m sure didn’t help her. We are also full pay so I can’t help but wonder if that hurt her. We cannot and will not pay full cost. She’s received big merit from higher ranked schools, including invites to several full tuition scholarship competitions, so this comes as quite the shock. She loves the mission of the school, the campus and San Diego. She’s worked her butt off and I feel terrible.

son does not have quite the resume your daughter has. 4.1 GPA, All State Football, Varsity Basketball, Varsity Baseball. part time job, volunteer hours, student vestry, young live, etc. USD Football Coaches offered him a grey shirt (join team in spring) if he gets accepted. Fingers crossed

Any chance that her merit offer is still coming? Based on her stats, it sure doesn’t sound right. This year, I cant find any logic in the process. I’ve seen a couple of schools work admissions really well, but the rest are all over the board.

With those stats, I am really surprised she did not receive merit. Did she just check her portal or did she already receive the acceptance emails? There should be two–the first says check your portal, and the second is the actual acceptance letter with the merit award.

No, she called and they verified no merit.