University of South Carolina Early Action for Fall 2023

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2023 admission at University of South Carolina is October 15.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 15. For more information visit the University of South Carolina page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other University of South Carolina applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to University of South Carolina? Why University of South Carolina? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other University of South Carolina topics visit the university-of-south-carolina tag on CC Forums .

Have more information about University of South Carolina Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Anyone else having problems uploading a PDF of their transcript to the Common App?

1 Like

My son didn’t have any trouble, but he submitted everything on 9/14, so maybe it’s a current issue that wasn’t a problem then. Good luck!

1 Like

Yes, my son is getting an error when he tries to upload his transcript.

1 Like

QballMom, if your student is still having trouble: have them take a photo of the transcript, insert it into a Google document, and then upload. My son asked his high school counselor, and it worked.

Thank you! A friend gave this same advice, but I couldn’t get it to work though google docs either. In case anyone else is struggling with this issue, I actually got it to work by taking a screenshot and converting it to a pdf through adobe (which is what the common app advised).

Does anyone know what major is the easiest to get into for UofSC? DD applied as international business, this may be a reach for her.

Students with immediate admission through the Honors College must complete all Business School first-year progression requirements and maintain a 3.65 or above UofSC GPA at the end of their first year. Students who apply through the competitive application process must also have completed the Moore School first-year progression requirements and have earned a 3.65 or above UofSC GPA. The average GPA of students admitted through the competitive application is typically a 3.900

My son applied in early October (EA, Sports Management) via the Common App. He received confirmation via the Common App, but nothing get from USC. Is this normal? Should he have received something? He has from other schools he applied to… TIA!

Yes, your son should have received an email with log in information for the applicant portal at U of SC. My D got her email about 24 hours after applying through the Common App.

Great, thanks so much for the info. I’ll have him reach out to admissions.

2 Likes

ugh going to loose my mind… just looked in my Childs portal and it says this- She applied Early Action so why does it say Regular?:

|Admission Plan: Regular Decision||

My son applied Early Action prior to Oct 15. Yesterday he received an invitation to apply to the Honor’s College. Great!!! Except that the separate application includes 3 additional essays, 2 500-1000 word and 1 short essay of 150-300 words. They are very specific to USC essays, so they can’t really be re purposed essays from other schools. The problem is that the additional essays are due Nov 15th. So, he has to create major essays in less than 5 days while he is working on other applications.

My question is if it is even worth it to take on that kind of workload? Are the benefits of being in the Honors College worth it? USC is not his top choice, but maybe being in an honors college would offer benefits he wouldn’t receive anywhere else

The Honors College offers a lot of benefits, but if it’s not high up on his list and he wasn’t looking for an Honors College experience, then it’s probably not worth it for him to apply. South Carolina has a very well known Honors College so if he wasn’t tuned into it by now (after he applied) it’s likely not that interesting to him.

D23 just received her EA acceptance!! She was totally not expecting to hear anything until Dec so this was a fun surprise!

1 Like

Congrats! Where did she see acceptance - email or portal?

Wow. I’ve never seen any come before that mid December date. Even the website says 12/15

Congratulations to your daughter. Are you in-state or OOS? Did you receive an email to check the portal? My DD23 applied ea on 9/16.

A classmate heard so then she checked and had an email too. I would consider them both to be very strong in-state applicants.

4 Likes