University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

No sorry - I think it also mentions it in acceptance letter or online somewhere as well -

Where on the SRAR does it calculate a GPA? I thought all GPA’s noted were manually entered. If my understanding is correct, seems like you have to look to see that the source document for your GPA (transcripts I guess) weighted it correctly and not worry about he credits noted on the SRAR.

I believe each college that uses the SRAR calculates the GPA. I suspect UT will eventually report it in the Go Vols Portal under the “GPA and Test” tab, next to “UTK Calculated Core GPA*:” by scrolling to the bottom of the tab.

Did you guys put your cumulative GPA in the SRAR or your weighted GPA? My cumulative stayed the same but my weighted went up so I’m hoping I can put weighted

We did not update the SRAR cumulative GPA, we just updated the senior grades since they aren’t considered “final.” However, we looked at the UTK calculated GPA and it did change based on the senior grades we submitted. Moral of the story, our weighted classes increased our OTK calculated grades. Not sure if this helps.

1 Like

This happened for my D too. She has a new GPA on her portal after her recent semester grades were sent. Her school doesn’t weight any classes, but UTK does so that was a nice boost to her GPA.

On the “School and Grade Trends” tab of the SRAR there’s an opportunity to enter both your self-reported weighted and unweighted GPA’s.

1 Like

Also, UT pulled in the self-reported unweighted GPA from the SRAR into the Go Vols Portal.

My sons grades won’t be available until next Tuesday 2/7. His guidance counselor will be uploading his half way unofficial transcript via common app. We are waiting for him to get his report card next week & will submit those on the 7th. Hope this helps

Is this the same thread for regular decision resulting from EA deferral? If so, do we know when they released decisions last year?

Looking at last years thread, it looks like they released decisions on Feb 15. With the increase in applications this year it may be later though.

3 Likes

Just happened to go on UTK admissions session yesterday. It was clear from the presentation that they use the scores you put in by class and have their algorithm for calculating GPA.

For example, if their requirement is 3 years of history and you took 4, they take the highest 3 years and completely ignore the 4th. They mark up Honors classes by .5 and AP by 1.0.

2 Likes

Thank you. Does the Calculated Self-Reported Core GPA in the Go Vols Portal reflect that algorithm? I could have sworn I saw my son’s self reported unweighted GPA that he entered in the SRAR there, but the value is now different in the portal and he got a little boost, which I’m assuming is from the algorithm.

1 Like

That is my understanding yes. Because it would drop the lowest score of any unnecessary classes taken - by their algorithm - their Core GPA is likely to reflect higher than what your high school calculates. Ultimately the goal though is to get all the applicants onto a common footing. So I wouldn’t necessarily expect that if the kid got a boost, well, other kids likely did too.

1 Like

Anyone waiting on a nursing decision?

Yes…when are we supposed to find out?

Yes, we are waiting too.

All you all still waiting on EA decisions ? We are waiting on RD which I believe starts next week… or is it sooner ?

1 Like

So to be clear, my daughter was accepted EA to her 2nd choice major in December while they said her application to Nursing is still under review. There is no date on the letter, but in glancing at past years on CC, it looks like some hear in February. If RD starts next week, then it is safe to say, some of them should start hearing about Nursing, as well. Fingers crossed…She will only attend if she is admitted to Nursing.

We were deferred in EA and waiting for next week’s RD…sending positive vibes to all

4 Likes