University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

For nursing- make sure you are re-reading the original acceptance letter in the portal. my kid’s acceptance letter changed with no notice: no email, no indication in the portal that there had been an update. (The letter is still dated the original date it was posted there, too.) Kid randomly clicked on the letter last night and was surprised to see that it no longer states admitted to second choice major/nursing still under consideration. Now it says we regret to inform you that after review, you have not been admitted for nursing. No big deal as kid has been direct admitted to a bunch of really great options, but it would have been nice to be notified in some way!

Our Maryland friends say UT has become very popular in the DC metro area!

1 Like

Yes, great point! We had the same. And she got into the 10 other direct admit so bye-bye UTenn and good luck to everyone in college

2 Likes

Anyone have insight into when departmental scholarships notices are done? Website suggests mid to late Spring but that implies after a student has decided on UT and placed their deposit. If these scholarships aren’t intended to be a hook to incentivize picking UT that’s fine - just not clear.

1 Like

The waiting seems like an eternity and has me extrapolating numbers to see if my deferred son has a chance to be accepted. With a stated 43% increase in applications this year per the link below, that would be an estimated 52,000 applicants by the RD deadline (1.43 x 36,290), and with an increased yield to likely target an assumed 6,000 kids who they anticipate actually accepting (which they specifically state they want to be a lower number than last year’s 6,785), I would estimate they’d offer acceptance to 21,000 kids which results in a 40% acceptance rate (21,000/52,000). Holy smokes! Serenity now! Early Action Release | Undergraduate Admissions

1 Like

Well, at least the actual applications received ended up a little lower than your estimate.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/education/university-of-tennessee-sees-most-competitive-applicant-pool-in-228-year-history/51-87967818-afdf-4e91-ad6d-5009caabadfd

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Tickle College of Engineering (Cook Challenge) told us early Spring…no idea what that means…

1 Like

Found this response from UT Admissions on Twitter today. Was hoping it’d be tomorrow :weary:: “Hi there! Regular Admission decisions will be released later in February. Keep an eye out on our social media channels and website for the date announcement. :tangerine:

Do you think that means late February or later in the week possibly?

Anything is possible. They released EA decisions on 12/20 (a Tuesday). Some schools have a tendency to release on Friday afternoon’s - clearly UT doesn’t adhere to that. Speculation of it being before 2/28 is just that at this point.

1 Like

Someone I know was admitted to nursing a few years ago the same way. First an acceptance, and then at some point, the letter changed to indicate acceptance to nursing without any notice whatsoever.

Just noticed the “Deferred Resources” link no longer appears on the Resources tab of my son’s Go Vols portal. It wasn’t replaced with anything which is making me a little nervous. Anyone seeing this or anything different?

1 Like

I just noticed the same. No deferred Resources button and nothing added.

2 Likes

Same it was there this am as he checked early and now it’s gone.

1 Like

Just saw a Twitter post by UT Admissions that RD will be released next Tuesday, 2/21 at 7pm EST.

5 Likes

YUP! It’s on their instagram page also!

4 Likes

Good luck on Tuesday everyone!

3 Likes

good luck!@

3 Likes

Yup fingers crossed good luck to everyone

3 Likes