University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

thanks so much. and congrats!

1 Like

I spoke to admissions because my sons portal all of sudden showed that they wanted him to add in 7th semester grades senior yr (we completed the SRAR back on Jan 1) and I was afraid his application was held back from today’s decision
 they looked him up and said that his application is complete but that they are going to need this information plus end of year grades but it will not affect his decision this evening
 also they are slowly uploading decisions to the main portal so everyone’s portal can be blank or be showing other buttons but to not interpret it as any good or bad sign 
 hope this helps 
 for us we freaked out for a sec till I called them 
 they were really nice :blush:

4 Likes

Awesome. Best wishes!

Not sure if everyone saw this, but I just reviewed with DD and it put things into perspective for her. Specifically the admitted student profile.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Waitlisted

Same here waitlisted and if we want we can choose to study abroad 
 oh well I don’t think he will apply for waitlist plus last year 960 applied waitlist and only 140 were accepted

Follow up he decided to accept the waitlist but not study abroad 
 looking at the stats it’s a slim chance unfortunately

1 Like

We were offered the VOL Access Collaborative but denied Summer. It says 24 credits at one of their other campuses and guarantee into FALL 2024.
Does anyone know if you can pick which campus? We do love Chattanooga and he is interested in the offer if it guarantees UT Knoxville

Has anyone does this offer or do you know if this is a first time doing so?

1 Like

I wonder how many they admitted EA - like did they fill more than 50% of the incoming class in EA?

Also waitlisted.

1 Like

There is a RESULTS ONLY thread for UTK.

Please consider posting your admissions results there so others don’t have to scroll through pages of discussion in the future to find the info.

It’s actually not a results only thread and this is good information being shared. The pic is from the first page of the thread- nothing about results only.

3 Likes

My daughter was accepted into nursing directly during EA but many didn’t find out until later

You can choose one of the school options. Find out about scholarship $ through each of these schools. UTK will guarantee you transfer admission Fall 2024 - transfer scholarship $ offered. Depending on scholarship $ provided to you, it may be a year of savings. Good luck

Wailisted OOS 1530 SAT. Because he was accepted to Va Tech engineering last week, he would not have enrolled at UT over VT. Will withdraw and hopefully someone will get a space. But still SMH.

1 Like

My daughter was offered to apply in the 3 Tennesse colleges, Collabortive program, not offered study abroad. She isn’t interested.

1 Like

Right?!? I totally get it as my daughter was also accepted at VT and received an email the next day from her major department. UT was definitely not holistic in their review. VT was a reach and UT doesn’t even compare.

2 Likes

Wrong one. It’s the " Class of 2027 - University of Tennessee - RESULTS ONLY" one. Should be showing up near the top.

I said “There is” not “this is.” :slight_smile:

I know of someone near the top of their class who was waitlisted, while someone in the middle was accepted with a scholarship. The top person had better/more interesting extracurriculars and most likely better recommendations.

The difference was SAT score. The top of the class person didn’t do as well, while somehow the middle of the class person had a high score. I am guessing that UT was overwhelmed with applicants and relied more on SAT score than they usually do.

3 Likes

Sounds like your D got in where she wants to be anyhow
 but I’m guessing the application to UT was RD and VT was EA. UT had a HUGE jump in applications this year and I’m guessing may well have filled most of its acceptances in the EA round.

You don’t say what program you daughter was applying into but might suggest it’s more than a little strong to suggest UT doesn’t even compare. After OOS Merit that UT offers, VT is also about $15K/year more.

It’s all so wonky. We are in state Virginia. Was waitlisted at VT- 1400 SAT, 4.2 GPA, 8 AP classes. 2 sport athlete and would have also been a third generation Hokie. Can’t make sense of it at all. I didn’t read his essays- so maybe they weren’t great?! But I was literally in disbelief.