University of Texas Canfield Business Honors Program Class of 2025 - UT BHP

Congratulations

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Yes, most likely. The people who interview for BHP are the same ones who do the CSB interviews. You can only do one honors program and you rank them by choice, so it’s unlikely they would accept you into one that’s ranked lower, and then later accept you into one of your higher ones. But again, this year, anything goes!

Congratulations!

My sons portal said they will let him know by March 1 :disappointed:

AA and In State here. I was just deferred from BHP- anyways, congrats to everyone that got in!

What does a deferral say, maybe that’s my sons

For me, it switched to “we’re still reviewing your application.” Says they will make a decision by March 1.

Same as my son. Horns up

AA in state. Applied in September. Still in review until March 1.

Really? I don’t know a single person that got into CSB yet but I know a few crazy smart kids that got into BHP. One of them got into UMich Engineering too, so I don’t think that your statement is true.

Also, I don’t remember ranking them by choice? To my understanding, CSB requires you to have gotten into BHP/Turings because it’s a “joint-honors” program. Correct me if I’m wrong!

Thank you for this. Are you OOS?

1 Like

Turing Honors is it’s own Honors program
BHP is it’s own Honors program
CSB is it’s own honors program that is BHP, and CS Honors, but it’s not Turing Honors, that is one thing that differentiates it. On that part you are slightly incorrect.

CSB is a tiny program. BHP is much bigger. Turing used to be small, I’m not sure what the size of it is now but pretty sure it’s still a lot smaller than BHP. Some people have already been accepted into CSB. Of course has I said, this year anything goes.

Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

I am, from a competitive public hs in the northeast.

1 Like

Congratulations!!
Are you in state or OOS

Oh, I had no idea people were already accepted! Since I’m OOS I have a rather limited scope of people to compare to, but have two friends in Texas with similar profiles to me and haven’t heard from CSB yet. In terms of size, CSB is about 50 and BHP is 150, but I have no idea what Turing looks like (again, applied from the biz-side).

I also do want to note that this is on their website:

" Applicants who list “Unspecified Business” as their first choice major have the opportunity to apply for admission to the Canfield Business Honors Program. Applicants who list “Computer Science” as their first choice major have the opportunity to apply for admission to the Turing Scholars Honors Program.

Applicants must also submit applications to these honors programs to be considered."

From that last line, I got the impression that only students accepted into BHP/equivalent for compsci will get into CSB. Then again, they also say that CSB priority will get notified by Feb 1st, and it’s 8 pm on the east coast already!

Unpopular Opinion:
What if Feb. 1 was the day for Honors Priority Deadline to hear back, but they didn’t read through all of them so that’s why there is that “additional review” message people are supposedly calling “deferred.” I know people in Plan II that got accepted, rejected, and with the “additional review” message and then there is the “still in review” message (which would make sense for those who applied Regular Decision for Honors) I don’t know if I’m right or wrong but it’s a guess because I got BHP and CSB both with the “additional review” message and I applied Priority Honors and have friends in Dean’s and Engineering Honors with the same blurb.

1 Like