University of Wisconsin Early Action Fall 2023

In the space where they ask you to update your mid year grades, there’s another question with space for additional info. I think the letter can be copy pasted there.

2 Likes

How long are your guys LOCI, is 450 words to long?

I am no expert, but 450 words seems *too long. Michigan’s LOCI is supposed to be 250 words or something like that, and that seems plenty long IMHO.

1 Like

I think quality over quantity. They don’t want you to reiterate your application, it should only be new information since your app was submitted.

1 Like

It looks like both admits and deferred need to complete self-report mid-year grades by Feb 15 if there are any changes to report?

Does anyone know if you’re able to change your majors if deferred. For example since business is very hard to get into, can I switch it to L&S?

Not sure about the admits, but that is true for the deferrals.

1 Like

Is that true? You can change your major if deferred? How is this done?

1 Like

I was responding to MochiTampa, I have no idea about changing majors, sorry.

1 Like

Where did you see admits need you send mid-year grades? I don’t see that anywhere.

Self report… on your admission application…

Will all deferrals get decisions with RD? Or do they do it in waves?

Does anyone know if you’re able to change your majors if deferred. For example since business is very hard to get into, can I switch it to L&S?

1 Like

It says “students who make a course change or who have a change in their grades should self-report”. I don’t think everyone needs to.

Where it’s said that?

Here on mine it says…

“ All freshman applicants are asked to self-report mid-year and final grades and provide any significant additions to or changes in their academic or EC involvement”

Hi,
We could really use some advise please :slight_smile: If deferred do you just write your “Letter of Continued Interest” in the comment section of the link they sent to deferred students. Do you also in addition to that email a separate letter directly to admissions? How did your daughter do it last year? Any input we would appreciate!

Use the box under where you self report the grades on the portal. That is how they want to receive info and will probably be the only thing they look at.

I read somewhere that LS was oversubscribed. :woman_shrugging:

bit late, but for what it’s worth:
deferred, 34 ACT (composite), 4.5 GPA, 6 APs, solid but not extraordinary ECs, OOS, good writer, psych major

i have a friend w/ a perfect 36, legacy (though they don’t consider it), same stats as me otherwise… deferred also

2 Likes

I just talked to someone in Admissions and asked about the mid-year grades link. I had to call about a schedule change (dropping an elective for second semester) which while it doesn’t change my rigor or have anything to do with my major, they can’t 100% tell me yet that this won’t be an issue.
Anyway, the mid-year grades report is for deferred students. Admitted students can do it also but it isn’t required.

4 Likes