University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

Obviously but Wisconsin and Michigan decisions have been released within days of eachother for years

Another day of waiting

another day another dollar :-c

Michigan is being released tomorrow so that is not possible

Ugh I can’t wait any longer

UW Admissions twitter posted another “Decisions will be released for Freshman Early Action by the end of December. Hang in there!” 
 wish they would just say the date so we know

I hope it doesn’t come out after Christmas
hopefully this Friday is the day (or sooner but that seems unlikely)

Not really savvy about the inner workings of an admissions dept. but pretty sure that they would have to be there in order to stuff the packets and hit “send” on the portal decisions. They are on break after this weekend so wouldn’t be around to complete those tasks. It’s this week.

Prediction: Some major packet-stuffing is probably going on currently and will go out the door on Friday or Saturday. Expect those the day after Christmas at the earliest (although in-state might see something on Christmas Eve). Portals will begin to update with decisions beginning Friday evening (in-state) and later in the weekend (everyone else).

I agree on the timing BUT admissions posted somewhere
Twitter I think
that though the office is closed, there will be staff working.

^ That’s right someone a few pages back said they found that out by calling admissions. No rest for the weary! #:-S

As someone who routinely had year-end transactions messing up my holidays once upon a time in another life, I can envision this scenario for something big like sending off thousands of admission decisions. However, does anyone know of a school that released early results at year-end? It might be unprecedented.

Also, this is a big task, and people travel during the Holidays so no way would they be at full staff during the week of 12/24. The students working in the office and answering the phones, would be gone (explaining why office is closed to outside calls). Full time staff probably have a lot of year-end cleanup and internal administrative housekeeping.

It just seems odd for so many reasons to release next week instead of this. However, a host of problems, delays, and so forth might easily cause them a week’s delay. At least we know - since they’ve repeated it numerous times by now - the decisions WILL arrive by Dec. 31!

Last year the decisions for EA came out friday the 15th at 7pm CT. This leads me to believe because the 15th this year was a saturday, that the decisions will be released THIS friday, the 21st at 7pm CT. please advise me if you believe otherwise.

I think that as soon as they have their decisions complete they will post them. They’re just losing money by not telling us earlier so I see no reason that the decisions are more likely to come out Friday then tonight or tomorrow

I believe otherwise - you have been advised :slight_smile:

@helloWisco2019 - why are they losing money?

@helloWisco2019 they are losing money because now you won’t attend even if accepted?

No no no
 I’m talking about revenue from Christmas presents etc

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my DDs counselor (very well connected) just told her that UW-M decisions will come after Christmas. UGH.

^seriosuly. why!?

Friday. I can’t see them working the week after Xmas.

@lostinsearch UW-M Is university of Wisconsin Milwaukee not Madison - UW or Madison is how you refer to UW Madison.

We have also heard from someone they are mailing this week and have been stuffing since last week