University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

Tonight. 7cdt. Promise.

@hellowisco2019 Awesome!! My son was accepted at his #2 & #3 already, Wisconsin is top choice though since we live here. Oddly, he got a deferral from his safety school yesterday which after the other acceptances was a bit of a surpriseā€¦

@Fruhaha - perused the CC thread last year but donā€™t recall any of this detail being available. But then, they pushed the decision date way up from late Jan. to Mid Dec. by surprise so who was even on that portal at that time? It was a surprise for many.

Madison and Purdue! She got in Direct Admit Nursing to both Marquette and Loyola but Madison would be awesome!

@rogerman1 - seriously - they need to stop toying with us and make this Official one way of the other. From what I can see, my son can register for courses, set me up as an authorized payer to view his bill, and apply for internships. Cā€™mon UW-Madison - make an honest admit outa my kid!

You will know soon.

Mimi - Are you instate WI? Iā€™m partial against loyola but like the other 3. Congratulations to you guys!!

Everyone can do a class search, right?

Donā€™t you wish there were poll options on here?

I also have a 5th Column now. Donā€™t think that was there before but I canā€™t remember.

@everybody i was referring to the people who say ā€œmy cousin is an admission officer and ā€¦ā€ who are just basing info off of literally nothin. But these changes to the portal are for sure something

Is there any possibility it wonā€™t be up tonight at 7?

Yes def a poss there is no confirmation on tonight

A little change in the subject, hoping someone can adviseā€¦so if I do not get direct admit into the College of Engineering, I am then placed into my second choice? And if placed in my second choice and I attend, what are the chances of getting into COE? Seems like that might be a bit riskyā€¦

@casehopes from what i understand COE is similar to business and if you donā€™t get in direct admit it is competitive to get in as a freshman/sophomore. There is a requirements list but the person that did our meeting said that is the minimum requirements and the ones accepted are typically much much higher in stats. If you wouldnā€™t be happy with second choice (and have another school that accepted you into the program you want) it may be worth a serious thought about which matters more - the school or the majorā€¦ fingers crossed for you!

Thank you @HHSMomx2, will certainly take some reflection if that is the case!

We are Oos. I just want this to be over! Itā€™s been a bit of a rollercoaster!

Where is this fifth column?

@cally303 is that 7 CST or EST?

We are MN residents. Will we ā€œhearā€ with the OOS crew, or the WI residents crew? We wonder based on reciprocity situation. This household SURE HOPES to hear tonight because it is causing quite a bit of stress!