University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2023

Nvm I have a screenshot of portal I sent family awhile back and that box was always there

Oh whoops

not feeling good about it coming

Hi everyone! I applied to the business school
is there any chance to request a school change now?

@cw2001, if you get accepted you can always switch your major and school.

@mvoight - only if you are moving into L&S

So that means I can’t change it now
THANKS!

what does the new box in student center say for those who have it??

@HHSMomx2, oh I thought when I went on my visit she said I could switch to my alternate major if I got accepted. maybe I was wrong though.

kinda want to move to L&S.

Switching into a(nother) direct entry major is going to be tough. Switching into L&S should be doable. Switching within L&S is doable as well.

@mvoight - it depends what your alternate major is, if its engineering or business it is a lot more challenging if you aren’t in that “school” to start with. If it is within the same “school” then I think its pretty easy. The business advisor we talked to said it was also easy to go from business to L&S

Hey, for OOS. Is a 3.98 UW GPA with a 32 ACT and 1490 SAT good enough to get into COE? I have a killer essay and lots of extra curriculars and 4 APs

@cw2001 what was your original major? Did you put an L&S option down as your second choice? You may get your second choice anyway.

anyone still think its coming tonight

@khoff09 - sorry, you will need to wait an entire 1+ hour to find that one out for yourself.

I have similar stats so I guess we’ll see

So basically y’all are saying that if your portal switched to the second choice major, that is almost a guarantee that you didn’t get in your first choice?

Is it 7 pm cst or est?

@ab2001 - obv none of us know but that was how we took it here - my son was actually disappointed it stayed his first choice because now he is afraid it is a straight decline vs deferral or accept. The Biz School was his goal, but a reach.