University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Wait, so if we didn’t get that email it means that we will get our decision tomorrow?

Did everyone get this email? Anybody in state receive it?

I’m out of state and didn’t receive an email.

I’m in-state and did NOT receive the email. Maybe they won’t be releasing all decisions at once this year?

Should we pay attention to word “all” in "As a result, we are unable to release all Early Action decisions…)

Does this mean some will come out tomorrow or before 12/31?

@RP1010 the word “all” stood out to me too, making me think that they would only be releasing some of the decisions.

Out of state and have not received email. Maybe this means they’ll release them in like 2 sections, one group tomorrow as expected and then the 2nd group later.

People who got the email: did you apply later (closer to the Nov. 1 deadline)?

I submitted 10/30, OOS, and have not received email.

I did not get an email. OOS and applied october 31st. All supporting documents in by november 8th.

Applied 10/3 in state and did not receive the email.

What if the first batch of admissions are coming out today, and they sent this email to those whose applications will be delayed in order to clear up any confusion beforehand?

I could easily be wrong, but I feel like not everyone’s decision will be delayed, as it specifically says “your admission decision will not be available by December 31” as if it is only for the people who receive the email.

I did not receive this email - am in-state.

But does this mean that decisions could still come out for some like today or tomorrow…? Or are we waiting till the 31st now? That would be odd, because it’s likely the admissions office is on holiday…

@heavyduty445 I was thinking the exact same thing. Would also make sense because my portal changed earlier today, could just be a coincidence though.

My theory is that they did not get through all applications, and that they will release what they have tomorrow. They will get back to work after the break (they go on break after Friday) and then send out the rest of the decisions at a later date.

@college571 I think signs point toward an initial release either today or tomorrow, followed by the “delayed” applications coming out in the New Year?

OOS, did not receive email, and application was 8/26. I also haven’t noticed any changes to the portal in weeks. My suspicion is that there will still be a large blast of notifications tomorrow night, as I find it hard to believe that they will hold up ALL decisions past the date that they have published on the site. I think the email was sent to those that they haven’t gotten to yet. Just thinking aloud. Fingers crossed.

I don’t think it has anything to do with borderline candidates, so people who got the email DON’T freak out. I literally think they just haven’t gotten to all people yet, and some people will have to deal with a slight ~2 week delay…