University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

I feel like they wouldn’t want to delay ALL of the decisions, because they’d rather not disappoint ALL of their applicants with this bad news. Instead they just wanted to notify the small group ahead of time.

What time did everyone get the email at? Also what do you guys mean when you say your portal changed?

I think if you haven’t gotten the email yet, it’s likely that you’re not part of the group that was delayed. (Just an idea though)

@Wiscoplz my application status changed to “Change prog/degree objective” and my major now says “no major code ba” it’s under the admissions tab in the student center.

Applied in early October OOS and received the delayed email. Good luck to those who receive a decision earlier.

Isn’t it a bit strange how people are getting the emails with no relation to when they applied though? Don’t colleges look at applications in the order that they get sent in? I applied pretty much right before the deadline and haven’t gotten the email (not complaining) but still am confused and feel bad for those who got it…

@heavyduty445 I think any speculation at this point is just that…speculation. Who knows how they go through the applications or make a last-minute decision when they realize they aren’t going to make their own deadline? Everybody’s just guessing at stuff at this point. Tomorrow night or early Saturday, we’ll know one way or another…either a decision was made for some or not. Some may still get the “we’re delayed” email over the next week for all we know.

Does anyone know when the decision comes out?? I need to emotionally prepare myself lol

@user_370086 If not today or tomorrow @ ~8:00 PM EST, then likely sometime in January… The admissions office closes after tomorrow, so that would make sense.

No email here

No Email - applied 10/23 - OOS (MD)

I’m getting the feeling that they actually got through the vast majority of applicants, just based on the number of people that seem to have not gotten the email. That’s a good sign I suppose!

We are OOS and we received the email at around 6 pm. Everyone in our circles received the same email. What stands out about this email is the word “ALL” and the word “YOU” (twice) which basically leads me to believe that this was probably targeted to us or the ones that got the email. We applied early action and within weeks of the deadline. We are not stressing. Just another day in the life of the unpredictable admissions process.

Got the email about 2 hours ago (OOS, International)
Oh, well. Here’s to more waiting I guess.

7 pm and no decisions are released - I think tomorrow.

Yup, looks like we wait another day! Hopefully that’s all…

I almost have a feeling we might have to wait till next week though, based on the whole “Not by the 31st” thing sent to the smaller group through emails… Not sure though

Didn’t get the email. Since it isn’t by application date, could it be by residency? Or maybe last name? Or possibly scores? At this point just theorizing. Guess we’ll never know! Hopefully most of us get our decisions tomorrow. Best of luck everyone!

Got the email. OOS and applied 9/16/19. College of Engineering. Maybe the letter is by major?

I didn’t get the email - CALS.