University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

@piglety72 - were from illinois, my daughter was accpeted, I believe she just kept checking portal - good luck!

@narnian02 In 2017 I heard that WISE filled up in 5-10 minutes. I’m not sure if it is still a very small LC (unlike Chadbourne LC which is very large).

Just a comment on delayed EA results…it’s not just due to location. One in my HS is admitted, but at least one other is waiting like I am. We live in WA state. The admitted friend is economics while I’m engineering and the other one waiting is business. I submitted 9/15 so it isn’t due to a late submission. Maybe it’s some combination of borderline cases, direct to admit majors, and location? If you are in the delayed EA group please post if you hear anything. Thanks!

I really am waiting for the decision so badly, although UW Madison is not my top choice if I am not given any scholarships. Will they release the decisions during this week?

@pumpkin22. Also in WA. Delayed. CS. Which I believe is in same school as economics. Any chance your friend was considered as an athlete? Did he or she hear on the day they released the other out of state applicants, December 21, I think? I think athletes hear before most. Otherwise who knows. I have not heard of anyone else in WA hearing anything. But if there is anyone who has I would be interested in knowing what school they applied to and general stats.

Still no responses i am aware of for anything in the state of georgia

ramming speed to all

@magnolia2020. Now you mention it, I think he actually heard 12/20. The same day as in state applicants. So perhaps he has a parent in Wisconsin? I don’t know him well and don’t want to pry, but that would explain why he heard. I know he isn’t an athlete. I don’t know his stats. I guess we just have to wait. Good luck to everyone.

I don’t think I’m able to go to Admitted Students Day. Will I really miss anything that important?

This is getting real infuriating at this point. They give the same non-answer on Twitter to every person who asks about updates on decisions. It’s been two weeks since they were supposed to release decisions and I’m so tired of waiting. The fact that they won’t even announce an estimated date or timeframe just goes to show how little they care.

I also think it’s very unfair how some people already know their decision, and no longer need to apply regular decision. But we are left having to apply to a ton of other schools RD becuase we don’t know our decision for Madison (If I got in I wouldn’t be apply anywhere else).

I know that the delayed decision were not due to how many people applied from their state because I live on a carribean island and I’m one of the only people applying this year…

I live in GA and got in

awally1302 What date did you find out?

Has anyone gotten their acceptances packets? Nothing here yet just got an email.

can someone tell me the twitter handle to follow for updates? Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Mimigirl I haven’t, and I feel like I read they don’t send them unless you didn’t provide an email. Which I guess is nice for the environment but still, kinda disappointing:(

@Narnian02 are you sure about that? I know that in the past years they have sent them out.

@ ellover3 Can you tell me the Twitter handle you are following for updates please? thanks

@UWAdmissions

Hi, just joined this thread today. I am an international student from India applying for CS at UW Madison. Just wanted to know if any international applicant has received their decision yet?

No, still waiting.