University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

I am an international too and my result came out on Dec/22nd. I got accepted into CS.

Hi. If you don’t mind, could you tell me where you’re from? It would help me understand which regions of applications they are attending to first.

Anyone receive his/her decision who lives in the Middle East?

i called and they said that they are releasing decisions whenever the specific application has been processed. so basically it’s just random

The fact that they did not mention the specific date is really not cool. I applied there looking for a scholarship, so I wouldn’t get scholarship notification until like March, but it is still very stressful.

@zangerthal so they’re not releasing all of the decisions on the same day?

My son got accepted. He received his decision mid of Dec.
SAT:1520, GPA: 4.12
New Jersey

Just logged onto my portal to see if there were any changes. Next to my academic plan, instead of business, it reads “No Major Code BA.” And next to my application status it has “Change prog/ degree objective.” Any idea what this means?

Wait, does anyone else also see this change? I don’t see any change in my portal. :frowning:

@gauti07 I looked back into previous comments and it seems other people have seen this before.

I did too, but did this change happen before the decision came out or after? Also, is this only for people who applied for financial aid?

@gauti07 I haven’t received my decision yet. And yes, I did apply for FA but not sure if this particular change only applies to those who did. Seems portals are only changing for prospective bus majors though.

@maxcollegetalk bus majors?

@whatthehecht correct. its basically like rolling decisions at this point where they just update the portal for the applicant individually when its done

@college571 my mom mentioned that as well, that they would post a picture of all the acceptance packages before they sent them or something. I tried to find the webpage that said they didn’t send physical packages but it’s vanished? Hopefully we get them

@gauti07 Business majors haha

Thought so lol. Do you also know of someone else whose portal changed and applied for a business major?

There is definitely some confusion about how they are releasing the decisions. (1) @SpeedSkater reported on Jan 2 Admissions said they would be released all at once and (2) @zangerthal reported today that they would be released as each application was processed. Maybe they changed the process in the last week? I would think someone by now would have reported receiving a decision by now if they were being released individually, but maybe the first batch just finishing up this week?

If anyone gets a decision individually in the next few days, please let us know

I saw one a friends Instagram “congrats on Madison” and then I checked the guys bio and it said “u’wisco 2024”. It was posted today but I don’t know if it was a late post or if he received his decision today.

@maxcollegetalk The exact same thing happened to me and I got admitted for pre-business. Very likely that the same will happen to you!