University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

Got the same change in my portal. Applied BUS. Hoping this means decisions will come out tomorrow.

Daughter just now got her decision in portal.

@Smh2020, if you don’t mind me asking, has she received a email that shows the decision is ready before receiving the decision or she just randomly logged on the portal and figured out the decision is there?

I had “admission decision” on mine, but couldn’t pull it up (no pop up worked) - and now its gone from the portal lol

Son had a notification this morning with a letter of acceptance (portal) But when he when to show me, he tried to log on and the notification “disappeared” and the letter was not there. So this morning it showed the number “1” as to say one notification and now it shows “0”. He was part of the group with the EA delays. UW keeps giving me a little bit of a headache. LOL!

@Boomer1964 my DD’s portal shows Zero in the notification section as she has clicked in there previously. I just checked in the notification section and currently only seeing communication regarding aid. I did click on her Admissions section that says 1 Active Application and just below the link that says “Fall 2020-2021 Application” is another link that says “View Decision Letter” so she can still view it there. She was admitted earlier so not sure if it might show something different for EA Delays. Did he try looking there?

I received my decision this morning

Yes, he looked this early this morning and under the notification tab he had "1’ notification WITH a letter of acceptance. Now it shows “0” notifications. The only thing I can think of is that this was an error by admissions since they normally do not release admissions this early in the day. Perhaps they are ready to release them later on today and this information got in there by mistake. I am not an expert with Wisconsin admissions. According to him, the letter made no mention of any scholarships even though he applied to Chancellors and Powers-Knapp

I see a new ‘Requests’ page now after clicking on the admissions tab. Any idea why? Does anyone else too see this?

I received my decision at like 9:30 AM and now when I check the notification it says none and my decision letter is gone. Something weird is happening

Those that are seeing changes in your portal and were part of the delayed EA decisions…what state are you from? Fingers crossed they will all be released in one batch this weekend! Good luck to all!

@abcdefghi123 my DD’s Notification tab says Zero too and decision letter is not listed in the communication list, but she was admitted in Dec. so that might be why for her. Did you try and click on the Admissions tab? Her Admission Tab says 1 Active Application and after clicking on the tab on the next page just below the link that says “Fall 2020-2021 Application” is another link that says “View Decision Letter” and there we can still see her decision letter. Can you access it that way?

I clicked on the “fall 2020-2021 application” which brings up all my information. I do not see a tab for “admission letter” where would it be?

What I see on my application page is “application status: complete-EA”
Then below that the “fall 2020-2021”
Then below that “contact us”

@abcdefghi123 which major did you apply for?

In the same boat as @abcdefghi123 …I bet this was an error which some of us got to see as they get ready to “batch it out” later on today or this weekend

@abcdefghi123 you mentioned that your application status is Application Status: Complete-EA. If a decision has been made, ie admitted, it would say Application Status: Admitted and then below “Fall 2020-2021” and right above “Contact us” there should be a link that says “View Decision Letter”. Did you at one point see a Decision Welcome Letter that you were Admitted or did you get a notification that a Decision would be coming soon?

I just called and they told me it was “a glitch in the system effecting some students” and that the official decisions will be sent later.

Does anyone know the difference between Application status saying “Complete Early Action” and “Change prog/degree objective” ?

My major is biology