University of Wisconsin Madison EA Class of 2024

MY daughter decided on another college so a spot’s opened up - good luck to all of you still waiting to hear.

@MusakParent Thanks for your prompt response. Can you comment on their placements in terms of how difficult or easy it is to get jobs.

does anyone know if you can just withdraw your application if you were deferred? I don’t think I want to keep my deferred spot because I’m not likely to go to UW even if I get in in the RD pool, but I also don’t see a spot on the portal to withdraw.

still have not gotten anything yet, no matter deferral or rejection, is it normal? how many of you are in the same situation? american citizen living in canada.

@Ddapplyfromcan, I am an American living in the UK and have also not heard anything. I sent them an email asking about this and they have yet to respond.

Update: They just announced on their twitter and insta handles that they are still working on the international decisions.

What a horrendous experience!

I guess they will be releasing my decision after I hear back from Georgia Tech :slight_smile:
No chance of attending such an irresponsible university.

@staycalm123 UW CS and engineering placement rates are excellent, but I can’t seem to find the web page with that info right now. I actually have a CS degree and so does my spouse, and we know lots of newer UW grads working in our major metro. I know they do a good job with career fairs, etc. My badger is really enjoying the course work.

I’m sorry for those who are waiting. EA apps were WAY up this year. Numbers just keep going up every year, I am sure it is hard to know or plan for that. Good luck and hope everyone hears very soon.

They are really grinding my gears

Accepted
OOS CT
28 ACT 3.7 GPA
Major: English

Hi everyone,

My son was accepted (via online communication) as pre-business right before Christmas. What’s interesting to me is that literally nothing has arrived in the mailbox from Madison. He was also admitted to University of Minnesota Carlson for business (direct) and he has received a number of things in the mail including the initial big envelope.

Question 1: For those of you admitted already, has anything come via mail?

Question 2: Any perspectives on Minnesota Carlson (direct admit) via pre-business and Madison (will have to apply for business program spring of Freshman year). Thanks! We live in Minnesota so have reciprocity for Wisconsin too.

Did you get your decision now?

@Iguana28 – Nothing in the mail for us, with acceptance on 12/21. Somewhere further up this thread, someone posted that they read or saw somewhere that Madison does not send written acceptance letters in the mail (save a tree?). Can’t help with your second question, sorry.

@Iguana28 – Just randomly checking Twitter and saw that UW Admissions said accepted applicants should be on the look out for a #futurebadger admission packet. So I guess it’s “in the mail”

We have not received anything in the mail

@Iguana28 - if he is sure he wants to major in business and likes both schools about the same, I would lean toward the direct admit option. Just make sure you get your housing deposit in to the U of M ASAP because they assign housing on a first come first serve basis (UW Madison does not)

@MusakParent Thanks for your prompt response. Appreciate it.

any international applicant still waiting on their decision?

Yes! I’m legit frustrated at this point.

I am, and I can’t seem to find anywhere to withdraw my application.
I received a huge scholarship from the University of Toronto today and I wouldn’t bother to attend UW Madison. Where should I withdraw my application?

Hi, which campus did you get in ? I got into CS at U of T Scarborough.