***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Mine isn’t working

Mines not working… now I have my hopes up that decisions will be released tonight or by the end of this week. The @UWadmissions twitter changed their tune the past couple days saying “not much longer to wait!” Instead of saying “you’ll hear by the end of January, that’s all we know”.

From @simba84 on 1-10-2017:

“Our counselors who are supposedly in contact with admission directors said Madison students are hearing back next week.”

:o

^^which doesn’t make sense. Why would they release to “Madison” students first? No applicants in Milwaukee or Oconomowoc?

Did they mean students in general applying to UW-Madison will start hearing back? I doubt they meant students just from the Madison area are going to hear back.

The people program counselor said that, but I’m skeptical about it too. I mean People program counselors are usually in contact with UW-Madison, but I doubt that they would let them know when decisions are coming out. I’m sure if they let anyone know this week, it’s not just going to be Madison students.

Also, transfers for this spring were suppose to hear back “by the end of December” and I know my friend got a decision on the 12th of December. But I’m not sure if Madison did rolling admissions for transfers.

“The end is in sight. Hang in there” @UWadmissions dropping mad hints on twitter.

UWadmissions also said, “The Student Center issues were unrelated to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.”

eeeeeeek. I feel like we’re much closer than we thought.

what time do they typically notify people?

Last year OOS heard atoumd 7 pm CT.

Ugh I feel like we’re gonna find out this week… Maybe friday ??

Last year OOS learned on a Sunday evening. So it can be any day of the week.

@mad4madtown past year its always been during a a basketball game so like 7-9 pm

Today at 6:43 pm
GPA cumm : 3.295 (on the lower side, but I made a 3.75 GPA last semester).
27 Credits
Ec: Lifeguard(CPR certified),Fraternity Member (PHI KAP), Actor, Film Club, MMA Club, Youth Church group member…more
90% of my immediate family attended UW-Madison (Legacy)
Out of state from (Texas)
5 Letters of recommendation
-one from a Stanford Alumni ( Doctor)
2 Solid essays!
And I am planning to major in Communication arts, so I applied for letters and sciences.

what are my chances? :?

@SconBrother16 Wong thread.

Hey guys I think we still have some time. I don’t think it’s gonna be this week or next. I think end of January means end of January. I hope I’m wrong but every single re-tweet says the same thing…we don’t give a date, end of January. I hope I’m wrong but my plan is to check the last week of January every morning and hope for the best.
Anyone else excited about the Packer game on Sunday? B-)

@SconBrother16 I’m sorry to say I think even with your connections, your chances are slim with your GPA. I know a couple of people with the same circumstances and they got denied or deferred

@Seacoast They’ve replied to people multiple times by saying “Just a little longer to wait. We know it’s tough, so hand in there!” That implies decisions may be out sooner rather than later… Let’s hope at least.