***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

What the others are saying, @pleigh. Here’s to a definite acceptance in March!

Chance me!
No decision
3.55 GPA/34 ACT
OOS-Westchester County, NY
2 varsity sport athlete
President of Jewish Youth Group for 2 years
President of Community service group
Only High School student to intern in the Management Development Program at The Waldorf Astoria New York
Applied to Business
Secondary major Jewish studies in LSA

RD Applicant
OOS (from Ohio)
3.76 GPA
27 ACT / 1270 new SAT
5 AP’s and 6 honors classes (my school doesn’t weight honors classes)
In NHS, NEHS, and Tri-M Music Honors Society
4 Year varsity sport player
In my school’s diversity club, choir, orchestra. Employed at a doctor’s office, volunteer at local cat shelter and have been a camp counselor at a local strings camp for 4 years.
Great essays & letters of recs
I applied regular decision because the admissions team said applying early action vs regular decision didn’t affect your chances and I was trying for a better SAT score… Really worried though because I was deferred from OSU, which should’ve been easier than Wisconsin, and since I applied RD I don’t even have the chance to get deferred… I feel like I’m a decent applicant but my scores are lower than I wanted because I’m an awful test taker. I’m just really worried, Wisconsin is my top choice :confused:

@pleigh perhaps your school let’s the one’s with higher grades and scores than you in and that’s why you were deferred. I think your scores look amazing and you’ll get in eventually! Chin up! B-)

Guys not a chance me site…we are all just waiting EA.

Can you guys stop with the chance me stuff… we’re hours away from more EA decisions being released.

We are going nuts aren’t we? I wonder…will it be tonight? I checked about a dozen times this morning…yes I’m nut’s I’ll admit it.
Then went out for a few hours and just got back…nothing.
Can’t wait to start seeing OOS reporting in with results!
Good Luck all you future Badgers!

Sorry? From what I saw there’s another whole discussion dedicated to EA Decisions… Didn’t realize this one was so exclusive lmaooo

I have a soccer game tonight at 8, I prolly will just be thinking about whether I got in or not while playing goalie…

@violetcat101 - I’ll give you a quick assessment. Your ACT is low for OOS and you need to specify whether your GPA is weighted or uw. Average uw GPA overall (in-state and OOS) is 3.85; that number is probably higher for the OOS specifically because it’s harder to get in from OOS. Sorry for that news. Go ahead and PM me with further questions or follow-up so that we don’t hijack the thread. Others would like to keep this about the EA decisions. (the other thread is for results only, BTW).

hey I was wondering where we will see the decision. will it replace the “Your application will be reviewed by one of our admission counselors as part of our early action period…” on the student center? or will we have to click on “2017 Fall Application” or “Notifications”?

@tomato17 the message will change from “your application will be reviewed” to something else.

a rumor is going around that OOS decisions will come out at 6… anyone have any input on this?

@dritzw where did you hear this?

Most likely at 7 PM Central time… not 6

Does anyone know if MN gets decisions released before the rest of OOS?

No one knows anything this is the first year that this have done this new decision release format.

Hey guys I want your opinion on something! I’m OOS and applied EA and they never sent me an email requesting my mid-year report. After googling it I read you’re only supposed to report them when prompted by email, which I never got. I then called UW admissions and told them this and got the answer “Oh so you never were asked to report them, that means you don’t have to. But if you want to self-report them you can just email us them.” So I did that, but do you think that the fact they never asked is a good or bad sign? Thanks!

They generally ask for them after you have been accepted or deferred… that’s the only time that they would really look at them as part of your application, or to make sure that your offer won’t be rescinded

So you think that means I was declined? Thanks for the response!