***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Decision: Accepted

Merit Scholarship, if received: N/A

School/major: College of Letters & Science/Philosophy and Mathematics

Objective:

• []SAT I (breakdown): N/A
    [
    ]ACT (breakdown): 32C, 35E, 35M, 33R, 26S, 27W (34 SS)
    []SAT II (place score in parentheses): 760 US History
    [
    ]Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.94
    []Weighted GPA: 4.22
    [
    ]Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 11/522 unweighted, 17/522 weighted
    []AP (place score in parentheses): European History (4), US History (5), Psychology (5), English Language (5)
    [
    ]IB (place score in parentheses): N/A
    []Senior Year Course Load (1st Sem. Grade): AP Calculus AB (A) AP Statistics (A), AP Studio Art 2D (A), AP Spanish Language (A), AP Macroeconomics (A), AP Government, AP English Literature (A)
    [
    ]Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP Scholar with Honor

Subjective:

[ul]
[]Extracurriculars (place leadership in parentheses): JV Soccer (Captain), Club Soccer, Youth & Government, NHS
[
]Job/Work Experience: Math Tutor, Babysitter
[]Volunteer/Community Service: Take care of my 4 younger brothers and 1 younger sister (pickup from school, take to appointments, feed snacks, help with homework)
[
]Summer Activities: Student Research Intern performing breast and colorectal cancer research at major research univeristy
[]Essays: 9/10
[
]Teacher Recommendations: 8/10
[]Counselor Rec: 9/10
[
]Additional Rec: 10/10
[li]Interview: N/A[/li][/ul]

Other:

[ul]
[]State (if domestic applicant): California
[
]Country (if international applicant): N/A
[]School Type: Public
[
]Ethnicity: White
[]Gender: Female
[
]Income Bracket: $150k
[li]Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): N/A[/li][/ul]

Reflection:

[ul]
[]Strengths: GPA, test scores, essays, letters of recommendations
[
]Weaknesses: My volunteer and community service work is virtually non-existent due to family obligations, and my decision to not take a 4th year science to double up on math might be detrimental.
[]Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: My main essay is probably the best thing I’ve ever written and my GPA and test scores are very competitive.
[
]Where else you are applying or have already applied:

[list]
[li]Accepted - Minnesota (Honors), Oregon (Honors), Pitt (Honors), Tulane (Honors), Wisconsin[/li][li]Applied - Berkeley, Davis, Texas, UCLA, UCSB, UCSC, UCSD, USC, Vanderbilt, Washington, WUSTL[/li][li]Deferred - Michigan[/li][li]Rejected - N/A[/li][/ul]
[li]General Comments/Advice/Hindsight: Stay positive and be yourself![/li][/list]

got accepted last night
oos, DC
gpa: 93 (out of 100)
act: 27
school does not rank
many ECs

Everyone - if you’d like to post results there is another thread for that. Please feel free to share for the benefit of those waiting in the regular pool and for next year. Thanks!!!

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/1953988-university-of-wisconsin-madison-ea-decisions-discussion-fall-2017.html#latest

Are all these recent acceptances early action or regular decision applicants? Thank you in advance!

@star4fish these are early action

So will rest come out today?

Madison next couple days. My guess is the last wave will be on Monday. Here’s to hoping I’m wrong and we all know by today.

what is the usual time? 7 pm central?

yes 7 pm CT. They have come out right around that time the last two nights.

Students admitted for summer or fall terms must confirm enrollment by May 1. Students admitted for spring term must confirm enrollment by December 15 or 10 days after date of admission, whichever is later.

Select either the Accept or Decline button to indicate your choice. Use the previous button if you do not wish to make a selection at this time.

I applied as EA and got accepted, but I wanna wait until RD decisions come out. Should I select the previouds button or Accept button?

You don’t have to click Accept or Decline until May 1, @Taewoolee .

After recieving decision by e-mail, will we recieve a mail (post or courier) with acceptance letter ?

CONGRATULATIONS ! @CStoInfinity

Does anyone know when Wisconsin processes the Fafsa? When I click on the financial aid information I am met with a notification that no financial aid info has been found even though I submitted by Fafsa back in October.

i think its early (even tho i applied early and still didnt heard anything TT.TT

Is there anyone that applied EA yet still didn’t heard back from the college?

@Maxkesty55

It will probably be until April before aid notification is made. The Net Price Calculator is extremely accurate, in my experience, to what your actual aid will be.

What is your EFC and are you a MN, or WI or other-state resident?

From twitter:

" In reply to Taylor
UWMadison Admissions ‏@UWAdmissions 4h4 hours ago
More
@Taylorswim34 Financial aid award notifications will start going out in Feb."

@Maxkesty55 mine too, I guess the fincial aid won’t process until acceptance?

@Ricsung - My son is still waiting on a decision. OOS - Colorado. Applied EA in October