***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

@audrella hopefully there are enough spots left! I applied regular decision too, but I just applied early.

@Nickel99 How did you already get accepted if you applied regular decision? I was told they are not doing rolling admissions this year

Do not worry about when you applied as long as you met deadlines. They do not fill the spots according to when you applied but rather according to your credentials relative to all of the other applicants. That is the reason for a deferral of decisions- they are waiting until all applications have been evaluated before deciding who gets accepted. They are sure all of those already accepted would get in when the entire pool of applicants is evaluated.

Likewise as long as you submit your housing contract by your deadline once you are admitted it does not matter when you did so, unlike some places. There will be a housing lottery in May ?) to see which dorms students get according to their preference rankings.

Nice to know that as long as you meet deadlines you are on equal footing. Also- once you become a UW student it does not matter at all when you were admitted. The admissions process (like HS) becomes ancient history.

The housing lottery is for people who did not rank a Learning Community as the first choice. People in an LC choose their specific room earlier.

One of the great things about UW-Madison housing is generally students get one of their top two choices in housing selection.

Where are you getting your information? @smilie1

I’m a Freshman.

@audrella I applied in November and was accepted in December… but it doesn’t matter when you applied as long as it’s before the deadline!

WHEN DO REGULAR DECISIONS COME OUT!!!

@smauleon I’m wondering the same thing! It is so stressful!! Are you a ISS or OSS?

@smauleon I would expect them to come out the 2nd to last or last week of march. I think the general trend is the decision coming late in the evening…usually around 7pm. In-state usually notified before OOS so if you’re instate expect to hear sooner and visa versa. Sometimes the admissions twitter page can have more information too.

So after being deferred/postponed at the end of January, my son never received an email with instructions to update his MyUW portal with mid year grades. He just happened to go on his portal one day in early Feb and saw a new section for updating grades. He went ahead and made the updates and added additional comments. He checked the portal a couple more times in Feb and nothing changed, but the last time he checked (late Feb) that section for updating Mid Year Grades was gone. Did others notice this? Just wondering if there is a computer glitch and should we be concerned his updates weren’t received. And the fact that he never received an email with instructions about updating grades, as others had, has me concerned. Under Notifications it only shows three emails - 1. received your app, 2. a decision has been made on your app, 3. letter stating a decision has been deferred on his app. I guess the main question I’d like answered is if that section for updating Mid Year Grades on the student portal has disappeared on others portals as well?

@redwingmom I never updated my grades because wisconsin wasn’t really at the top of my list and because my school usually does it for me, but this disappeared for me as well

@redwingmom My D is an admitted student and her portal notifications are below. To address your question we no longer see the link for entering mid year grades. Not sure we can view what grades were entered either. I find it odd that a deferred student wouldn’t receive an email to enter mid year grades but perhaps it goes only to admitted?

02/03/2017 Honors Program Information
01/31/2017 Self-Report Mid-Year Grades
01/30/2017 Placement Testing Details
01/21/2017 Admission Decision Letter
01/21/2017 Decision Notification Email
10/31/2016 Application Acknowledgment

@redwingmom I would have your son call the office of admissions and ask if his file is complete, specifically if they require/have his midyear grades. I had my D call UMN about something similar and they were very friendly and were able to quickly confirm that her app was conplete.

When do EA deferred final decisions come out? What are the chances of being accepted after deferral?

I heard this Friday could be a date

Where did you hear this?

@smauleon ^^

Have any regular decisions heard back yet?