***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Oh my bad nvm my counselor emailed us today saying that decisions will most likely come out on Wednesday the 22nd. Just checked the thread from last year and they came out on March 23rd 2016 which was a Wednesday, as well.

Yeah but this year they have a completely new process so it’s probably hard to guess when. I applied EA and they told us Jan 22ish and that’s like 9 days before. Hopefully they do the same this time!

They tend to give decisions starting on Friday’s around 7 for EA. I would assume that it would be the same for RD.

accepted - decisions are up

accepted- oos RD

Waitlisted for CS. Wasn’t expecting this~

Would it be worth accepting the waitlist offer? I’ve already been accepted by Purdue so I’m not sure how those two compare. I’m an international student and they say they’ll make their decision by June end. Kinda worried about getting a visa on time and stuff

Accepted OOS RD

Regular Decision - Waitlisted

New SAT : 1270/1600
Superscore : 1300/1600

International Student

First Choice Major: Business Management and Human Resources (BUS)
Second Choice Major: Economics (L&S)

Son was accepted to College of Letters & Sciences. He had applied for Computer Science as a major, but the admission decision says Intended Program is General Course - BS Degree.
Does this mean he didn’t get into CS, or is this how Wisconsin does admissions?

Accepted
OOS
New SAT: 1250
UW GPA: 3.5
omg

ACCEPTED -
OOS
GPA: 3.65
ACT: 29

IM SO HAPPY

@nyanpasu_ I tried to look up waitlist statistics on College Data but it shows that University of Wisconsin doesn’t use a waitlist. So I’m afraid I’m not able to help you.

To those who have their decisions: Did you receive an email or did you log on to your portal? D doesn’t have an email and she can’t get onto her portal. We think the site might be crashing?

i received an email, but if you log on it should be there regardless

To those who got accepted, were any of you deferred in January? I was and the decision hasn’t changed on my portal

Admitted to college of letters & science!
OOS
IB Diploma
sat 1420
UW GPA ~3.7

@NolaCAR I heard that is coming out today and I checked my portal at around 9 CT at night which shows my result. I received an email around 30 mins after the result comes out from the portal.

@jf1111 I was deferred in January and got my decision today!

Denied…

OOS
Marketing Major
W GPA: 3.77
ACT: 27
6 AP’s
Upward Trend in grades
EC’s: Incredible (Own an international business and many philanthropic organizations)
350+ hours of volunteer work
Essays: Good/Great
Letter of Rec: Great
I don’t understand what went wrong… can someone explain?