University of Wisconsin vs Rutgers vs UPitt for Biological Sciences

Got admitted in UPitt Honors COllge , Rutgers Honors Program and University of Wisconsin for Biological Sciences Program. Need some guidance on which program to go with. College fees is not a determining factor. Just want to understand the curriculum and research opportunities

Look at the curriculums. They’re on line. Research can happen anywhere. You just ask.

What’s the end goal ? Pre med - then maybe Pitt but maybe not. Wisconsin will be strong too.

One is smaller, more urban. One in a city, on a lake. Huge spirit. One suburban.

Which is right for you.

I’d probably choose Pitt or Wisconsin first but all three are fine.

I do think you need to do homework on curriculum, clubs, etc.

When you get to campus, you will get emails about research and you can also solicit professors.

Good luck.

Are you in L&S or CALS at UW Madison? Just a note, there are ways to do/apply for honors in each of those programs if you want.

These are all great choices though, no bad options.

I don’t think a lot of kids choose Rutgers if $ is not a factor. I think it’s a great school and will get you wherever you want to go, but it’s just not the best campus set up or location.

Both Pitt and UW are great for pre-med. Pitt is especially known for this, but I would say UW has the stronger rep and programs in most other subjects, in case you change your mind.

Pitt’s campus is a little polarizing. It’s really urban, although it has some green spaces and large adjacent parks. It has good school spirit but prob not to the extent of UW. I think kids at Pitt take more advantage of what the city has to offer than at UW.

thank you all !! we have visited both Rutgers and UPitt: Upitt has more
vibrant campus :smile:.

If the student is on a pre-vet path does one of the college stand out ?

Rutgers honors is top notch. We’re in state and most kids at my daughter’s top ranked school looking to go pre-med go there.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.