UofM: Can I go to LSA after being rejected/differed from Nursing?

<p>I am currently a high school junior and I'm very interested in direct-entry nursing programs, particularly the University of Michigan. However, I have heard that the admissions for direct-entry at the school of nursing is very selective. Can someone tell me roughly how selective it actually is (if you were admitted for direct-entry, please list some stats!)? Also, If I get rejected/differed from the nursing school when applying early, can I apply to U of M's LSA program instead? If I apply LSA, can I apply for a transfer to the nursing school sophomore year? I have a weighted GPA of 3.9, tons of volunteer work, extracurriculars, varsity sport, and a few AC and AP classes (haven't taken the ACT or SAT yet).</p>

<p>P.S. I live in Michigan-- campus is literally 5 minutes away from my house, so I really want to go there.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Your chances of acceptances are better as an in-state student than from OOS. Assuming your GPA is based on a 4.0 grading system and your SAT/ACT scores are consistent with your GPA, I think you’ll get in. OF course the SAT/ACT scores are VERY important. As for the LSA program option…I would call UM’s SON and ask them directly. </p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>My DD got in last December as EA. Her GPA is 3.98/4.17 UW/W. ACT 33, and ranked No. 1 in the school. We met UM professors who told us NS is more competitive than LSA. But we also heard people said NS is easier although we don’t know where they heard that. We were told she could not apply to LSA by the nursing school. My DD told me other kids got into UM nursing school from her school have much worse statistics than her. She got the highest scholarship from NS, so I believe her status is on the higher side of the pool. </p>

<p>Make sure your ACT is 32+, and grade is >3.8 UW. You should be fine.</p>