UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

Out of curiosity, has anyone had UPenn request for a student “Institutional Application for Financial Aid” on the CSS portal? They are the only school that has requested mine (Their CSS code is 2933).

1 Like

I have that plus three other things from Penn only.

2 Likes

Confirm entry into Penn for y’all then. Nice :+1:

1 Like

Are you sure about this?

Yeah me too but those docs had some other schools requesting it too.

I have it along with “2021 Federal Income Tax Return” but I think everyone has it no?

same for me as well… does it mean anything?

i have them too! i feel like the better question to ask is if anyone not have them?

1 Like

asked some people, it seems like everyone has them

1 Like

I think Penn doesn’t use IDOC and instead has their own separate portal for FA docs. This is probably just telling everyone what they should submit there based on their answers.

that is what i figured too

1 Like

Probably not, more people would have to verify tbh.

The question is when you have had that Institutional application for financial aid on the CSS? Is it recent?

Not sure, this is the first time I’ve checked my CSS portal in a while. If it helps my Parent Tax Return and Parent W2 are both dated for 2/15 on my UPenn FA portal.

I hope this is a good sign for you. Good luck!

Yes, we are a bit stressed about this same thing. All our other schools just relied on IDOC uploaded tax info but my D noticed Saturday that Penn wants a separate copy of tax forms, W-2 with name, major and student ID written on each page as well as supplemental Penn FA form. She doesn’t check often and never noticed it so worried that she has had a missing item for a long time and deadline may be over. Not sure when it was posted with instructions to send those extra items.

Main portal says closed now until Mar 30 7 PM release date but was able to upload financial stuff they wanted from financial aid link on portal. Probably too late but worth a try.

I am very sure this is talking about the PFAA (Penn’s own FinAid App)

What they asked from us was the Penn Financial Aid Supplement PFAS plus separate set of tax returns that were already in IDOC

1 Like

Anyway we only noticed the request on both the portal and CSS this weekend. But they could have been sitting there for months for all we know. With 15 applications, my D can’t keep up with it and for almost all other schools just the CSS and IDOC was all that were required.