UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

Saw it. Thanks. I did contact the FA office after I received a reminder email in March. I followed the instruction in the email to check if I missed anything. I was directed to a different webpage. I couldn’t use current username and password to login so I emailed the FA and was told that it was a mistake and they fixed it.

1 Like

We don’t even have that. Does that indicate a rejection? :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It is most likely dependent on other factors such as being a business owner, etc. not an admissions decision.

I don’t think we should rely on finaid for clues. But what does the message above your finaid checklist say? You mentioned you satisfied the requirements but does the text in bold state it as well?

Yes.

delete

As in like the form itself? Isn’t it just the link in the FA portal?

1 Like

Have you filled out this form? I was asked to fill out this form a while ago.

Oh yeah, I have filled it out, finished it in January I believe. When were you asked to fill it out?

Leadership (which is more than just a title) and excellence in ECs probably gets you in the conversation. Both of my Penn kids are/were leaders in their school and home communities plus earned national and international awards for their ECs. Letters of rec from people who mentored them in their ECs provided additional depth and context.

At this point, the die is cast. Hopefully, you get good news this week!

2 Likes

wait so is penn requesting the “Institutional Application for Financial Aid” and tax forms on the css for everyone? my pfaa says all requirements are satisfied

1 Like

What are the advantages of first gen students applying to wharton? Will they be given consideration? if so, how much will it weigh ?

First gen at all schools gives a big boost if you have all the other checks.

1 Like

yeah. amazing essays don’t do the trick anymore.

Everything matters in holistic admissions, but PP specifically asked about ECs.

yeah. seems like if you don’t have a state level accolade at minimum, or don’t fall under any institutional priorities, you get put in the punt pile rather quickly.

is there any portal indicators for upenn?

Portal for Upenn is closed until decisions release.

1 Like

Nobody reads them. Just too many applicants. All done by AI and even when you get one of those acceptance letters that mentions something from your essay you can be sure it comes from a bot. Very discouraging as tremendous work is put into the essays by the kids. But don’t kid yourself that anybody is reading them. Just too many applicants.

so how do you think they chose applicants? they let AI do the job? I think there may be some sort of initial sorting but I think they are read by humans…

1 Like