UPenn Class of 2027 Official Thread

is everybody able to withdraw their applications? does it take you to the form after you click on the link?

Except for clear admit/deny, I think they read every application. They implemented a team admissions strategy several years ago that improved their efficiency even as the number of applicants surged.

3 Likes

yep they read them. I DO wish, however, that ALL schools would notify the immediate punts right away!! To drag them out with the rest of the pool is just cruel. But then, the schools would be giving away far too much info for which all of us could draw obvious admit conclusions.

4 Likes

This isn’t true at all Ivy schools. My child received a second interview with an admissions counselor and they went through the entire essay.

It isn’t true at any school I know of.
@croceus, are you making an assumption or is there a specific school you’re speaking of?

does anyone else’s slate also say ‘in progress’ for penn?

4 Likes

what is slate lol

slate.org is like this platform that establishes communication between applicants and educational institutions. if you make an account rn im not sure if the updated times will be completely accurate but you can still see what colleges have made a decision vs completed vs in progress

If it says like decided does it mean ur in or no

no that just means a decision has been made. im pretty sure penn uses slate differently because everyone i know is on in progress

it might mean something? everyone else’s slate still says in progress i think

1 Like

Anyone with date changes in the FA portal? I know there was a debate last year about updating vs. not.

u still have access to ur fa portal?

1 Like

Yeah you just click “submit financial aid documents” and it takes you to the portal.

1 Like

ohhh lol im stupid

yeah i have these two changes, there’s another 2 above that but their status date is from february so im not 100% if they were changed or always like that

When did you upload these docs?

1 Like

months ago, i dont really remember? the last time i was on the page according to my web history (i think) was jan 28

That’s interesting - my dates still say January?

i really dont think it means anything, especially without any other people to compare with, i didn’t even get an interview lol

1 Like

mine do too…