9 Likes

Dtr got accepted!!
4.0 UW - 5.7/6.0 weighted
HSF Scholar finalist
AP Scholar w/distinction
Will receive Capstone diploma
Stem track
15 APs - all other classes were pre-ap except for tennis
Senior class prez, VP of Spanish Honor Society, Social Media Officer Girl Up, Secretary Youth Environmental Council (local) outside of school, Varsity Co-Captain of the tennis team
NHS, Interact, Leos, and NEHS member
3 summers as high school research assistant at a social neuroscience lab
2 older siblings did undergrad at UPenn
Studied a 3rd language for 14 yrs - outside of high school -received national awards on language exams

7 Likes

I got accepted omg

9 Likes

Son was rejected CS, Engineering. Deferred ED, double legacy, 1590 4.0 uw generally strong candidate. We’re disappointed, obviously, but moving on. :heart: Congrats to all the new Quakers, you’ll love Penn.

Rejected CAS. Legacy. 1470 SAT/97 GPA. Lots of ECs.

Wow. Those stats are incredible. Your son should be proud of what he accomplished. With those stats he will do well wherever he lands!

3 Likes

D got accepted!!!

5 Likes

Accepted! Feeling so blessed rn:)

4 Likes

Daughter got in
• Wt GPA : 4.75 ,
• ACT = 36
• Aps : around 14-15 APs ( mostly 5’s & few 4),
• Dual enrollments & few community college courses
• Strong ECs & Leaderships ( multiple)
• National Merit Scholarship ( Finalist)
• Excellent essays & LOR
• Multiple awards at State & couple of high rankings at National level for one of her EC
• Published research paper & presented the same at a conference

5 Likes

Son Waitlisted: any info on how many students get off waitlist in the past?

1 Like

Daughter was waitlisted. :cry: She’d been rejected for the Penn 3-4 dental program earlier in the day with another school, so I’m a little surprised she even got that. Not holding our breath to get off the waitlist. Sounds like a lot of people get waitlisted and very few get off the list.

This is the last CDS report available, scroll to Section C2. You can Google “UPenn Common Data Set” to see other years.

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

For 2021-22, 121 came off the waitlist (section C-2)

2 Likes

accepted!! :heart:

2 Likes

Did they send out an email? Or do you just go to the portal and look?
DS didn’t get an email.

No email. Most colleges don’t send out an email, which is super annoying IMO. Just have to check the portal.

1 Like

I didn’t think they would. But Harvard did (not sure if that’s good or bad lol). So, then I was curious. DS is at an away baseball game so we won’t look at either school until we’re together.

The waiting is :weary:

D ACCEPTED! Penn Dual Degree program (VIPER: Engineering and Science)…she is so happy!
(Waitlisted Harvard, Princeton , Columbia, Brown…may or may not stay on all 4 )

6 Likes

Woohoo! Huge congratulations to your daughter!

2 Likes