UPS & FedEx Notifications

I pretty much agree with all the caveats mentioned above.

With that said, I’ll note that our kids each applied to 3 schools, and we received package notifications from each i.e. 6 notifications. (And yes they were acceptances #nothumblebrag).

If you really want to be obsessive however, note that these notifications are sometimes name specific rather than just address-based. In our case we’d registered to be notified in our names as well as the kids’ names, as well as their “preferred to be called” names. And yes one school sent to the latter.

But as others have said, even if you do all this, you may not receive any shipping notifications and yet still otherwise receive many acceptances.

3 Likes

I would recommend not setting up these notifications

It very easily creates a false sense of failure, and sometimes a false sense of hope. Trust me: even if you do see packages, opening the decision portal is MUCH more fulfilling imo. I feel very strongly that setting it up is a mistake. I did it, and it was a big mistake. I learned from it.

7 Likes

Like a couple of other parents, I am driving away on March 10th with my kid to have a long weekend and keeping both of us occupied. Like many things in life, this is just another decision in the end and does not stop life from continuing. No need to unduly stress out myself or my kid when BS is just another step among many upcoming.

This also means I’ll be MIA between March 9th until his decision is finalized. Hope all of you get satisfaction no matter where you or your children go.

6 Likes

Sorry, I’m really confused rn. What notifications are you guys talking about?

1 Like

You can create a UPS or FedEx account if you want to get notifications when schools send out packages to accepted students. However, be warned before you do this that it adds an extra layer of stress and isn’t always accurate.

3 Likes

Ohhh ok thanks. I get it now

1 Like

Do all schools send packages? Because as far as I am aware, Milton is the only one that posted this on their ig.

Also, don’t you need a tracking number for this?

As far as I know, most schools do this but I could be wrong as I’m just applying this year.

2 Likes

For example, on the ups website, you can click on “Tracking” and then click “View all shipments.” After creating an account you should be sent to a screen saying “My Choice.” Any packages that are being sent with your name should be there.

1 Like

ohh thanks a lot

1 Like

Don’t bother worrying about it. I had no text request notification or requests before my kid’s welcome box ended up on our doorstep on March 2nd. We were told March 1 by email of his acceptance to one school (that school’s decision day is March 1). Just open the darn email or portal when you get time.

1 Like

yes pls dont bother trying to “guess” where based on fed ex/UPS - the college equivalent is kids examining every single change in the admissions portals for signs that they are in/out

2 Likes

This is how I knew DD was accepted to Concord Academy before M10 last year. I set up the delivery notifications and saw she had something coming from “The Fenway Group.” Researched online and found out the CA sells merchandise made by (or distributed by) The Fenway Group. She didn’t end up going to CA but SPS, however, their package didn’t arrive until 5 days after M10. We did get an email on M10 though and knew she got in! Last one of the day actually…Good luck to everyone, such an exciting week coming up for new BS families!

2 Likes

Wait but how does this work because lot of people have the same name and how do they know which one is the correct one. I’m talking about the UPS btw. IK im really dumb because I’ve never used UPS before and im really confuswd.

To create an account, you need to put in your address, and unless there are multiple people with the same name in your household it should only give you your packages. You’re not stupid, I also had a lot of confusion with this in the beginning.

1 Like

Same name and address is very rare.

4 Likes

ahh yes, thanks for clarifying

1 Like

It’s FEDEX insight right? I tried ups but it didn’t let me register.

For tracking systems:
UPS: UPS My Choice
FedEx: Try FedEx Delivery Manager
DHL: MyDHL+
USPS: Informed Delivery

Not sure if you sign up today if it will track backwards, but I think if any notifications start coming through (again with the caveat that this is NOT a reliable indicator of acceptance if you do not receive notifications), my understanding is a few started today and will continue throughout the week.

7 Likes