UPS & FedEx Notifications

To clarify, this is what I know for US residents. There are different versions of these for international shipping tracking.

3 Likes

Do most school packages get sent via ups or fedex as opposed to usps? Or all of the above? Dhl would seem less likely no?

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Day schools send packages also? We live in the Boston area and my son is applying to middle schools in the Boston area such as Belmont Hill (they some boarding students), Dexter, Thayer, BC High.

1 Like

Everything I’ve read on here leads me to believe it varies by school. I’ve seen all 4 mentioned (just to clearly keep us on our toes) :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Probably some, and probably not all. Some may not send until day of, either. If you check their instragram, sometimes, their are pictures of them putting them together or sending them out…

2 Likes

My son is at BH. The package came a few days after M10 if I remember correctly.

1 Like

What does this mean??

Which service is that? Somewhere you should see info about the shipper. May just be a city but also may have a name

1 Like

Also want to add I think I remember from last year that people were saying some schools blocked shipping info so as to not reveal anything.

3 Likes

FedEX

I know that Thayer and BC High do. Dexter seems like the kind of place that does, too.

1 Like

I got the same as yours and am puzzling now.

1 Like

Most schools send an envelope to those who fill out an inquiry form; maybe you can see who they use to send acceptance packages from there?

1 Like

@christiania - a “master” label from FedEx indicates that there is a package that was “one of many” basically. If a company sends out several packages in one shipment, the shipment is typically assigned a “master” number that the business can use as the tracking number for the whole shipment. Each piece is also assigned an individual tracking number, but that’s what “master” means. See if you can find a way to identify where the shipment originated from (town, etc). How exciting!

1 Like

Try clicking the text that says “master”. That might bring up more information about the shipment.

When I click the tracking number in my FedEx portal, this window pops up:

…which confirmed that my package is from Milton! :partying_face:

9 Likes

That is SOOOO exciting!!! Congrats!

i clicked and it redirects me :frowning: I tried inspect but it basically says:
“if u click this, you’ll be redirected”

but then again, this might mean I got some good news!!

If it says master, don’t read into it. Everyone automatically gets that when you create your account. If you have a lot of numbers in place of the “Master” button, click on it. If not, it’s likely nothing.

6 Likes

Ah. Very good info. I tried to figure out how to set up accounts for tracking overseas shipments, but gave up. I’m too old I guess. :rofl: We’ll just sit and wait for Friday/Saturday!

2 Likes

has anyone done this fed ex method on Deerfield? if so, was it hidden or shown