US college for BSc in Computer Science with good scholarship (gpa 3.71 sat 1350)<10k [international student]

High School gpa: 3.71
SAT : 1350
The cost of attendance after scholarship should be less than 10k

match me guys i need help

anyone

What AP/IB/DE classes have you taken and in particular what level of math will you be in by graduation?
What state do you live in?
Are you a boy or a girl?

I think OP is an international student.

I am an international student and planning to do bachelors in US

1 Like

I am 18 and a boy from South Asia

1 Like

We would need more information to properly guide you but you need to be aware that college in the US is typically very expensive (40k-80k per year plus travel expenses) for international students. There are a few schools which can meet your budget but they are very hard to gain admittance to requiring stats which are above the ones that you posted above.

If your budget is <10k per year you should focus on lower cost options in your home country as a better option.

1 Like

I know nothing about this school but out of curiosity I searched lowest cost school for out of state tuition and Alabama A & M University came up. The cost of attendance for out of state students is $9300 if you commute and $13300 if you live on campus. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Which country?

The type of schools that can get your total cost of attendance under $10k a year are extraordinarily difficult to get into as an international student. Only a small number of students with exceptional academic and extracurricular accomplishments are accepted with near-full aid. Unfortunately, your profile doesn’t indicate you’ll be in that group.

You should consider completing your undergraduate degree in your home country and possibly apply to graduate school in the US in the future.

3 Likes

Which country? If it is under represented you might have a shot at some meet-need schools (and I’d switch CS for sth else like Math or Statistics) but otherwise it’s going to be extraordinarily difficult to get into these colleges.

Did you calculate that GPA yourself or is it your actual Gpa as written on your transcript?
Are you among the best students in your school? In your town or region? Would a teacher or guidance counselor say you’re among the top few they’ve taught? Would they consider you the best in your class (ranked #1 - that rank can be shared by 3 or 4 people who have excelled equally in different ways.)

You could apply to Berea College and hope they select you (they may take one student from your country).
CS is one of the most competitive majors though.

Other possibilities would require scholarships:
Apply ASAP to UMinnesota-Morris, excellent for CS, and hope for a scholarship.

These universities might have scholarships bringing costs down to under 10k:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.