USC Bovard Scholars

@evemar3186 HEYY, just waiting for USC to release the final decisions. super anxious !!

what do you mean the final decisions? I assume that everyone would get in if there wasn’t any misrepresentation about their financial info.

https://www.reddit. com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/8efi8o/gotacceptedintouscbovardscholarsand_then/

@nomorecoll96 I guess, I don’t know. I’ve been nervous about it…

If I am unable to make the first three days of the program, do you think they will revoke the decision?

@epiphanies awww that’s unfortunate. Why can’t you make it? I hope they don’t rescind the acceptance but I would wait and ask…

One of my aunts passed away recently, and our family funeral customs last for a week, and that’s just the main part. It begins on July 11th. , so I would actually be missing five days. I mean, I wasn’t extremely close with her, but out of respect, I know I can’t just not be there.

you are going to miss 1 week out of 3…not sure how enjoyable it will be for you. you can ask them but knowing these summer programs, none of them give you any latitude…good luck and sorry to hear about the bad news

what days are the program again?

does anyone have stats on what kind of schools Bovard scholars end up at?

@nomorecoll96 a lot of the top schools, ivies, etc.

@hero2602 hey I got accepted too and am in IB! idk I thought was cool someone else is doing the program too

i got waitlisted then accepted but i had to turn it down. :confused:

@zonezone hey im so sorry, whyd you have to turn it down?

I got into LBW at Wharton (UPenn) and committed before i got off the waitlist

Hello!! I’m currently in the works in trying to apply to multiple summer programs one of these being Bovard. Do you have any tips on how I should compose my essay and what accomplishments they are looking for in order to be one of the qualifying applicants. I couldn’t find much online regarding this program but I love what I am hearing so far from just reading your messages and feedback:)

be yourself and anything optional do it. message me if you have questions.

Got it, thanks @zonezone. BTW what did you guys do besides the actual classes? Can’t really find anything related to Bovard Scholars besides the information they give on their website:/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVu6AfMCr2Y

I’m applying this year and the application is due in less than a month, I was wondering if you could share tips on what you included in your essay