***USC Class of 2021 Discussion/Results Thread***

Im goin nuts over USC…

but in other news anyone wanna explore the financial aid site/documents for any other changes??

Just a question, but does anyone know what the application portal for rejected students looks like? Does it just look the same as it did prior to receiving decisions?

@TrivNation Oh that’s a bummer. Some people have been seeing some changes in their portal and I was starting to feel left out on the fun, or anxiety.

@tito17 It wasn’t there (the pop-up) this morning, but it is now on my daughter’s page. Interesting - but who knows if it means anything.

Do you think that they just do this stuff to mess with everyone? just kidding… they have no time for such nonsense…

It is though now on my older daughter’s page… a current USC junior. So, it is not just for applicants. But, for it to mean something, roughly 84% of all applicants (if they all applied for FA) would have to not see it. So, it likely means nothing.

my daughter’s portal has the pop-up too …

I’m reaching hella hard right now for some hope but does it mean anything to colleges if you’re not necessarily first gen, but like, ~first traditional gen~? Both of my parents were nontraditional students (i.e. they got their degrees, but a lot later in life than most people)

Ya, that’s a reach for some hope @chips99. Only a couple more days. Hang in there.

@filmstudent2 how would you possible track it. Without a tracking number. They wouldn’t post a number and tip their hand. I know it’s hard but the results will be here soon enough. Patience grasshopper

Does anyone know if they practice the weeding out process at usc for certain majors?

I clicked “Check your application status” and I don’t see any popups. RIP :frowning:

@GeoffWii2 in my mind I know you are right but my heart is freaking out lol

@letsshare what do you mean?

Wait. When I clicked on to check the status of financial aid, it tells me to select the year. Is this what yall’ are talking about?

@planetoftheapes its under the finacial aid tab. My son has it too. It means nothing.

Also I got the pop up on my portal as well.

anyone in here apply to Keck School of Medicine for Global Health?

https://www.facebook.com/usc/videos/1502651129759334/ Here’s what may be coming.

What’s the website for the video?

@JimBurles2189 most likely instagram?

edit: probably facebook

What time of day have the portals been updated historically? Morning or evening?

Yes it is Facebook. The same video was posted upthread I believe. It’s a video of them preparing the acceptance packages.